Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Very true. I’m just glad he’s healthy. I miss their early performances so much though. It was a completely different band.

2. bradsonemanband Aug 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2019)
    Thought some of you (@TUG) would be interested in this.

I’m at the old Suite 13 venue location right now (in Lindon, Utah which is the next town over from Orem, where the band is from) and this drawing that Bert scribbled into the pillar outside of the venue is still here.

I watched him do it, which is pretty cool. It was the same day as the show here that there is a bootleg of.

Anyway, pretty neat since the drawing has been here for over 10 years and no one has painted over it or anything yet.

Attached Files:

latortuga, JamesMichael, TUG and 5 others like this.
  3. Yeah, I remember he drew this and then got the tattoo soon after.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I couldn’t get into The Canyon apart from a few songs like Over and Over Again which had that classic used sound for me. Overall the production was horrible. Shame as I thought Justin reignited some of the spark they once had.

Not sure how what to expect now Feldy is back producing this and Justin is gone.

Not down playing the new guitarist they went for as I’ve heard he’s good but it blows my mind they didn’t go for someone who could actually scream as well to enhance their live performances.

5. If Jeph is still screaming then yikes. Unless he’s gotten better. But when I saw him screaming a few years back it was pretty terrible. I haven’t seen who the new guitarist is.

6. Noradrenaline

Regular

I would say they're pretty middle of the road, at best. Sure, they sound alright but their sets are filled with long pauses for Bert to save his voice. And, come on, 13 songs for a headline set? That's not okay after being a band for this long. Don't get me wrong, I love The Used, but at this point I'm not sure that I would pay to see them again.

beachdude and domotime2 like this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

As much as I love their early material they definitely don't have no where near as strong live performance as they did in the early 00's

Wow 13 songs... that's insanely love for a band with 7 albums + eps.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Agreed that the used live in the last ten years is NOT a must see in my opinion. When I saw them in 02/03/04...great great stuff but yeah, burt's voice can't go long and their sets tend to be on the short side

9. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Bert’s a better frontman now than he’s ever been. I don’t give a shit if anyone screams, let the crowd do it who gives a fuck.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  10. They’re decent live. Like, middle of the road at best. They used to be a lot more fun though back in the day. Bert’s singing is a lot better now though. Jeph’s screaming ruins their shows haha.

beachdude likes this.
  11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

man, Let It Bleed is like the best fucking song ever

12. Jams

Trusted

TUG likes this.
  13. Jams

Trusted

I just assumed if they did end up doing it it wouldn’t be like a traditional tour and they’d just pick a couple cities and play multiple nights. I think that’s what other bands have done in the past. All I know is if they do decide to do it, I am 10000% willing to travel for it. Not getting my hopes up though since obviously it’s not guaranteed.

14. Jams

Trusted

I'm honestly way too lazy to do research lol sorry! But I do remember them mentioning they had some songs but then they ended up scrapping all those when they got to the studio. I don't remember them being any more specific than that so idk if any even got recorded or if they were just more ideas. I just remember before they were in the studio they said they were going in a grungy direction but then they scrapped all those and went in a different direction. Dunno if that's helpful to you at all but that's all I remember lol

TUG likes this.
  15. clockwise

Lies for the Liars is a great record sorry not sorry.

TUG and latortuga like this.
  16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I could see the title being inspired by The Used, though.

TUG likes this.
  17. Daniel182

What is Quinn up to these days? I remember he was playing music with his wife a while back, but I haven't followed it.

18. clockwise

Bert looks so damn good these days. Got a good feeling about this next album.

beachdude and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  19. Wasn’t he going to release something with the lead singer of Neon Trees?

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. Yeah. Quinn, Tyler Glenn and Branden (original drummer of The Used) were working on a new project but nothing has come out yet, which is weird.

beachdude likes this.
  21. Daniel182

I completely forgot about the Quinn, Branden, and Tyler project.

22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Over And Over Again is a beast of a track, totally inspired. I want an album of that level of material

SpyKi, beachdude, TUG and 2 others like this.
  23. Daniel182

What a way to celebrate.

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  24. Daniel182

Nothing else I can think of. Not every album anniversary needs to be celebrated.

25. In Love and Death has a few good tunes, the rest is ehhh.

BlackwingE likes this.