Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Going on a run and I last minute threw together a mix of S/T, ILAD, SB, and Vulnerable to revisit just because of this thread. Should be fun.

Davjs likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I really love Give Me Love, Moving On and Hurt No One from Vulnerable

3. slimfenix182

I should make a playlist of the songs I love from LFTL, Vulnerable, Imaginary Enemy and Ocean Of The Sky

I still wanna make a shortened version of Canyon too cause there's stuff I would cut but I really like most of it despite the garbage sound

beachdude likes this.
  4. The fact that they can’t even play their old songs well is a pretty good indication that going back to their old sound for their next album is going to actually suck.

5. Mcrx

Regular

Listening to the Canyon again tonight. Gotta say, it's growing on me the more I listen. I really like Moon Dream and of course Over and Over Again. Broken windows is on the list too.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

I hope this isn't true and we get more awesome music. I like the early stuff best too.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Feldmann is going to be WAY better for them, gives hope for the next album

beachdude and BlackwingE like this.
  8. BlackwingE

Trusted

Hopefully Feldy can bring their sound back.

9. Album still holds up

10. drewinseries

Drew

Really important album for me.

11. irthesteve

12. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

timeless record

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  13. Great album. And their only album worth listening to, as well.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Not their best work, but a solid first try. ;-)

BlackwingE, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  15. Jams

Trusted

Still my favorite album of all time and I still don’t see that ever changing. It just means so much to me personally.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never posted in The Used thread (I don't think) but their first album pretty much shaped my musical interests going forward for the rest of my life. At the time, I didn't listen to anything at all with any type of screaming or even anything in the indie/emo scene, really. Remember buying this album right before I started my senior year of HS and then I started getting into all types of bands after this like TBS, MCR, Thursday, Silverstein, etc. Just opened up a whole new appreciation of a different style of music for me.

I saw them shortly after this release for 92 cents in Cleveland, which was a promotion for the 92.3 radio channel. They were still kind of nobodies then. I ended up seeing them probably 7 or 8 more times in the following 3 years.

I kind of completely lost interest in the band after Artwork (Loved their first two albums, didn't care for Liars but enjoyed Artwork). The older I got, I just started paying less attention to a lot of bands outside of 10 or so.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Honestly one of the best albums I've ever heard. The vocals are crazy. Wish they made more music like that.

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah their first is definitely a classic for sure and one of my favourite albums from that era.

Crazy to think they declined massively as the years went on.

19. irthesteve

Far and away their best album

20. Davjs

Trusted

eh, their self titled is honestly on par with Love and Death and Artwork. All great albums.

21. irthesteve

Those are both good, definitely, but they aren't GREAT

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

[​IMG]

The quality on all three of those are so almost even, if you mixed up tracks on all three and showed them to someone new they would never know the difference.

23. slimfenix182

I love Artwork but no way is it even with the first two and especially not self-titled

Sorry I have to vehemently disagree lol

irthesteve and Davjs like this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love ILAD and like Artwork but neither come anywhere close to the self titled. Like worlds apart in quality.

25. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno, if you play "I Caught Fire"/"Empty Without You" back to back, along with "The Best of Me"/"Sound Effects and Overdramatics" and "Watered Down"/"Cut Up Angels"/"Light with a Sharpened Edge" they all sound like they belong on the same album, nostalgia aside since.

I expected the reaction though since the first two are treasured and Artwork came after a disappointing album and when the band wasn't as popular.

BlackwingE likes this.