Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. DesolateEarth

Birb

*sigh* You're right. Thrice and Circa and Sum 41 cant touch the 6X Diamond certified critically acclaimed masterpiece that swept the Grammys in 2017 that is The Canyon.

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

"Hey I wonder what is going on in here... Oh... Ooooohhh no"

beachdude, Davjs and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The Used have had 3 charting singles in 10 years. Thrice have had their 4 best charting songs on the Mainstream Rock chart in the last 3 years. Yeah sure, Thrice is the band everybody forgot are still putting out music.

beachdude likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I have no dog in this race. When I saw this tour announced I assumed The Used were the headliner. But now I've looked at those top 4 bands and the venues they've played in my city in the last year......In the last year The Used, Thrice and Sum 41 have all headlined the same 3,000 person venue here in NYC. Circa's tour sold out the 2,100 cap venue.

The Used may close every show, but it's definitely still a co-headliner.

zachmacD likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

I wish I loved anything like TUG loves The Used.

kyle, irthesteve, TUG and 1 other person like this.
  7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I actually would put Thrice and Circa on a tier of musicianship/writing above The Used and Sum 41, so it’s an odd tour in that sense

And I’m a big fan of old Used, self titled is a classic album

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  8. drewinseries

Drew

The Used lost me after In Love and Death, but man, I do love those first two albums. Huge part of me finding my own tastes as a youngling.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Arrrtttt Woooorrrrkkkk

BlackwingE likes this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

Artwork ain't bad, I will say. It's probably my most listened Used album after s/t and In Love and Death.

Davjs likes this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Probably gonna do that revolving stage so there's no set up/breakdown time.

irthesteve likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

That is the best part of any show that has it haha.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Live Nation describes it this way for the Illinois date.

Doors: 1:00
    2nd stage: 1:30
    Main stage opens: 5:00
    Main stage: 6:00

14. drewinseries

Drew

YEAH RIGHT

bradsonemanband and Larry David like this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

we will see.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Since Quinn wrote the "classic" Used albums, is getting that sound back even possible?

I don't know how alone I am in this, but I don't want this band to be one of the types that just tries to go back to the well. I thought all the experimentation was cool on Canyon and even though it wasn't all a hit, it paid off in some cool stuff.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't want regression, but I don't want more Canyon. I am happy with them taking inspiration from their past to create something new though. All depends what they mean by classic and how they use it

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just let Jeph start screaming on record

jesus christ please god no

19. Davjs

Trusted

I'd feel less lied to during the live show if they did though lol

20. Davjs Mar 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2019)
    Davjs

Trusted

Them replacing Justin on gutiar was their chance to get someone who could actually scream AND play guitar. I love the dude from Hell or Highwater, but I don't think he can scream.

Missed opportunity. I know when Bullet replaced their bass player, they got someone who could scream because it was a requirement. It just must not be that important to the band....

21. Davjs Mar 27, 2019
    Davjs

Trusted

I get that POV and I hope you are right, but I saw Senses Fail and Finch both go back to the well and it was a regression, so I am just weary of it.

beachdude and zachmacD like this.
  22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Ugh them returning to their "old sound" is so disappointing to me. That sound was stale as fuck by Imaginary Enemy. I thought The Canyon was a really great new start for them. We'll see, I'll probably end up loving it. Even Imaginary Enemy was on repeat in my car for months after it came out.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That tidbit from @TUG about Shallow Believer being the original third album makes me sad as I find SB to be incredibly better. It also makes sense given how the songs sound coming off ILAD..

Only songs I actually like off LFTL is Earthquake, Hospital, and Paralyzed. The bonus track “Pain” is pretty good too.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  24. slimfenix182 Mar 27, 2019
    slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I never knew what songs came from when on Shallow Believer but the other day I was like "Into My Web" has to be from ILAD and I checked and was right. Love that song

Obviously he can't help losing the versatility but man Bert's voice from the first two albums was such a treasure. Since then Artwork was the best it sounded for me.

25. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think LFTL is very underrated. I feel like it's a pretty masterful piece of songwriting and production especially. So many great melodies and cool sounds on that record.

FTank likes this.