Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Makes me glad I didn't end up going to the 15 Year Anniversary Tour. Would have just felt wrong. Also would not be surprised if the band breaks up soon.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

I really hope the next album has Justin shredding like a madman on guitar. I enjoy a lot of what The Used have put out, but I felt like their sound was getting kind of stale by the end. If they let Justin loose, it might revitalize things a bit.

3. Jams

Trusted

Well that podcast broke my heart. Shittttt.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. clockwise

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way :( Gonna be hard to support them for a little bit at least

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Jams

Trusted

This whole thing is really hard for me because they have been my favorite band for a good 12+ years. I probably wouldn't be here without their music so I'm having a lot of mixed emotions. Like I went to their 15th anniversary tour (flew from Ohio to Chicago to see it) and had meet & greets, the whole shebang, and I seriously had the best time. And I'm trying to not let this put a damper on my excitement since I have tickets for the Cleveland date again but shit. Probably sounds kinda lame but suffering from depression, their shows have always been really healing for me so idk how I'm gonna feel come September. Gotta try really hard to just put the drama and stuff aside and just enjoy the music and the experience.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Without their main songwriter (Quinn) it's definitely likely that a breakup could be in their near future. Unless they just have Feldmann write everything for them.

fenway89 likes this.
  7. clockwise

Yeah, they've helped me in a similar way. I don't think these revelations take away from any of the meaning or importance of their music to me, but it will certainly impact how I view them from now on. So if you already have tickets then go and try to enjoy it because the music they're playing is the same. It's a tough one though.

Yeah, just like he did for blink :P

fenway89 and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. Touche. But hey, if the Used can get a number one album like Blink did with Feldmann's help, then more power to them!

fenway89 and clockwise like this.
  9. Jams

Trusted

If anyone cares about my dumb thoughts: I listened to Poetic Tragedy today and yeah I can't not love this band with all my heart!!! So my excitement is back on for September after 1 whole day of questioning lmao! I am weak-willed! I will be there weeping during Poetic Tragedy and losing my mind during Pieces Mended and will love every minute of it!

clockwise likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Listened to that podcast while doing yard work yesterday and man, that was probably the most entertaining thing I've listened to in a while. I would pay money for this type of weekly show with a different band every week. Knowing how much the songs the two wrote, it makes sense those two are their best albums and why Lies is so bad. I do think Artwork is really good though, so I wonder how that one came out as good as it did.

11. Jams

Trusted

I get so happy every time I see someone saying they like Artwork lol! All my friends hate that album and I love it. I actually like it as much as ILAD probably. I don't mind Lies but Vulnerable is hands down my least favorite. Even though I think Liar Liar might be their worst song. God I hate that song lol

12. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, with Liar Lair I felt like they wanted another "I'm a Fake" style song to end with, but it came off as cheesy.

Artwork is pretty up there, it's hard for me to pick my favorite out of that and the first two.

Vulnerable has only two songs I can really get into "I Come Alive" and "Hands and Faces". I actually think their newest release is my least fav. Lies and Vulnerable at least have some tracks I like.

Again I can't stress how cool it was hearing the history of the band be told so candid.

Jams likes this.
  13. clockwise

I got into the band with ILAD, so that's a special one to me. Self Titled got me through a really tough period, so that's also special. Buuuut I think Lies is their best record and Vulnerable is my favorite.

Tried to listen to Artwork last night but just wasn't feeling it. Still love that record though, I remember when it leaked and being unsure of it, haha, but over the years I've come to enjoy it.

Jams likes this.
  14. Jams

Trusted

Self Titled is my favorite album of all time and I've always relied on it very heavily when I'm in a really depressed mood (you guys should have seen me at the anniversary tour. I was a fucking wreck). ILAD also got me through a bunch of shit, but when Artwork came out it was everything I wanted their album to be and more. Just the entire sound/mood (I'm shit with words) of that album was what I wanted. Lies I like most of the songs on (I really only dislike Liar Liar). Vulnerable I think I dislike the most because it came right after Artwork and so it was kind of a disappointment. I just think that album is their worst lyrically and a lot of it sounds cheeseball to me. Imaginary Enemy was a huge step up for me (but that again is prob because I was so disappointed with Vulnerable). A lot of my love for that album just comes from how much I love Force Without Violence and Evolution (which has become a top 5 Used song for me). And it still blows my mind that the songs on Shallow Believer were on that instead of Lies.....Those songs are SOOO much better to me. Ocean of the Sky was alright but I don't go back to it much.
    Sorry. I could talk about this band all damn day lol!

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

My favorite Ep, ever.

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Could anyone summarize for me why they both left The Used? I'm at work and busy/lazy.

kyle likes this.
  17. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

It takes forever to listen but it is worth it. Think it would be best to listen.

DejaMoi likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Agreed tough to summarize. Better to listen and hear it from them firsthand. I wonder if the other ones he did were as good as this one. Has anyone heard any other ones?

fenway89 likes this.
  19. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

They hyped up their new project well. Excited to actually hear that.

Wish they would have released SOME more details though. The tease is pretty annoying.

20. They have two albums to me, s/t and ILAD. Everything after is complete garbage.

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

More interested in this than current Used. I wonder who the singer is/will be. Wished we heard more about it too but at least they are not rushing it. Gonna be worth the wait I think.

fenway89 likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

Artwork is the 4th album so this statement is false.

Jams likes this.
  23. We'll agree to disagree.

That podcast with Branden and Quinn was really great. Brings back so many memories of the s/t era.

fenway89, bradsonemanband and Davjs like this.
  24. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Artwork is bad. SOrry.

fenway89 likes this.
  25. Jams

Trusted

All this horrible Artwork slander is making me want to relisten to it lol. And I don't know how you can not like The Best of Me or Empty With You! Those are top Used songs for me!