Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Listened to their debut today and I still love it so much. His vocals on that album are just perfect.

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Lies for the Liars was terrible. Any albums after that worth listening to?

3. SpyKi

I think that's better than anything they've released since, ha. If you haven't heard the bsides compilation Shallow Believer check that out at least, I think there's a lot of great songs on there.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I can't believe The Used fan never signed up. I'm a bit gutted his banter was hilarious haha.

5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Quinn Allman and Branden Steineckert talk about their history with the band and the real reasons for their departure. Also announce they've formed a new band together and will be announcing things soon. Really really interesting listen, but makes me sad as The Used are one of my favorite bands.

801PUNX - Episode 10 - July 17, 2016

6. I was just about to post this, ha. Very cool episode!

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I wonder if the singer of Quinn and Branden's band could be Craig Owens. He has been pretty inactive musically lately and has been teasing a new project.

8. I heard a rumor from people around town that it might be Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees. But I don't know.

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That seems likely, too. They are all from Utah, and Tyler was recently a guest on Branden's radio show.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Yeah, and they're all homies too.

11. SpyKi

I'd probably listen to either of those but wouldn't be very confident in either being good.

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This is cool. Thanks for sharing.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What's this rumored group? Haven't heard anything about it. The Neon Trees guy covered BN and covered them well. Dude is a pretty good singer.

14. in that podcast posted a couple days ago, Quinn and Branden announce they're working on a new album right now. i heard a rumor around town (where they're from) that Tyler Glenn was part of it too, but that's all just a rumor until it's actually confirmed. Quinn and Branden said they'll announce more by the end of the year.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Oh ok cool i'm almost done but haven't gotten to that part yet. It's a looooong podcast lol

16. Jams

Trusted

I feel lame but I'm nervous to listen to that podcast lol! The Used is my favorite band so I don't want any drama to like tarnish my enjoyment of them if that makes sense? I know I'm gonna listen to it regardless but eep! And I am really, really excited to hear whatever Quinn and Branden are working on.

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What a bummer hearing about Quinn at the end. Crazy. Fuck.

18. they definitely get very candid about why they're not in the band anymore. it's really interesting, but kinda sad too. i feel like a lot of it wasn't surprising, so maybe it won't bother you too much. either way, the entire podcast is really interesting though so you should definitely check it out.

Jams likes this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Don't want to scare you but it might a little. But you should listen. 2 very standup dudes.

Jams and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Grateful for discovering Evaline back in the day thanks to Quinn. He produced their debut ep.

21. SpyKi

honestly it all sounds really dumb to me. Especially why Branden got kicked out. If that's exactly how everything went down I find the whole Justin thing with Saosin hilarious. He basically had the same thing happen to him because he went to fill in for Quinn.

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

There are sometimes I wonder if people never saw the goodbye AP post and just think AP disappeared for no reason and are like "WTF is a Chorus?" Not realizing its owned by the same guy. I like to imagine ACA and The_used_fan fall into that category

beachdude42, collin512, FTank and 3 others like this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Can't wait to hear this new project/band they are working on!

fenway89 likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You can add stupidityonparade. He's on reddit lol the other 2 mia it seems haha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

After this i'm now such a big fan of both of them. Finally listened to the whole thing.

fenway89 likes this.