Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 31, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Revisited their debut recently. Still holds up for me. A lot of "screamo" bands that I loved back when I was in middle school/high school just sound gimmicky when I listen to them today. Bert is one of the vocalists whose screams seem natural and unforced the most of the time. It makes everything seem more genuine.

TUG likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

His scream to singing and singing to screaming transitions were unbelievable.

CoffeeEyes17, TUG and aoftbsten like this.
  3. It's unfortunate that it was their only good release.

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

In Love and Death is pretty great too.

5. It's ok. I loved ILAD when it first came out but when they did those vinyl reissues recently I went back and listened to it and it didn't do it for me anymore.

6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think all of their albums are good.

CoffeeEyes17, TUG and Jams like this.
  7. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I'm surprised no one's started one of those "best of" surveys that's all the rage on here lately lol

8. Jams

Trusted

I love all their albums personally but I'm 100000% biased when it comes to this band lol

clockwise likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think their 1st two albums are great. Though ILAD isn't a good a I remember it being in the past. I liked Lies For The Liars at first, but it really didn't last long for me and I grew to find it kind of tacky. I listened to Artwork a couple of times but it never really stuck and I haven't really checked out much by them since. I'll probably give their later material another try here soon.

10. pablowashere

Regular

sites updated. You can hear a very lo-fi clip of some new music, mostly static

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Was it the "..."?

12. Daniel182

Wow, that's much sooner than I expected.

TUG likes this.
  13. jesus christ i hate the way that guy typed out that post

truelovewaits likes this.
  14. Larry David

I love how records have such a quick turnaround time now from when they're announced to when they're released.

TUG likes this.
  15. Daniel182

Also, I'm glad they didn't go with Feldmann for this one. I'm interested to see how the production sounds.

TUG likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

at this point im just hoping for a solid, darker-tinged alt rock album like the last few have been. i dont expect them to release another S/T or ILAD and thats ok. maybe a little more experimentation would be nice though.

17. everyone in the world, or just everyone in YOUR world? haha

18. Larry David

They'll be doing that even if it's Imaginary Enemy part 2

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. definitely

20. Daniel182

Jams likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Looks like they're excited for the eclipse as well.

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Wait... It's already been 3.5 years since Imaginary Enemy came out?!

23. I'm interested in hearing what this sounds like with Ross producing.

TUG likes this.
  24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Well, they mostly took 2 years or 2.5 years between albums (except 3 years between Artwork and Vulnerable). I wouldn't say that's much longer than most bands, since most other bands take around 2 years between albums. I guess it just seemed longer to you because you're such a big fan haha. As for the 3.5 years, it is most probably due to the change of guitarist.

TUG likes this.
  25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The norm is around 2 years. Bands who take 18 months between albums, like Weezer for example, are considered as bands who release really fast. The Used are a little over the norm, but not by much.