Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used to Open for My Chemical Romance?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Please no?

Dirty Sanchez and Brent like this.
  3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Yeah I would've been stoked for this a few years ago but The Used have been such a letdown recently I'm over it. And this is from a huge fan of theirs.

4. Jackbo487

Regular

Bert at it again

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Who wouldn’t want to see the hitmakers famous for this season’s chart-topping and poignant single “Blow Me?”

tytymcg, Dirty Sanchez and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  6. Delysid

Regular

I saw the 2005 taste of chaos that the used headlined.. what a crazy difference in trajectories. The original lineup/chemistry between them was what made the band great.. once that changed I feel they fell off hard.

queserasera and chewbacca110 like this.
  7. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Maybe he's just putting this out into the world to try to see if it will materialize.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

praying this is not true

scottlechowicz likes this.
  9. As much as I stopped caring about the Used for a long time, I recently revisited The Canyon and I still believe it's the best thing they've ever done. So if I'm correct in thinking they might be in the middle of a new career peak, I don't see why this would be a bad thing

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Guess that would make me okay not showing up right when the show starts.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

A lot of the shows on this tour don’t even start until 8:30pm. So if there’s going to be an opener at all, there will probably only be one and I think they will only have 30 minutes. Having said that, I heard this rumor about The Used on Tuesday evening before the official tour announcement. Then Bert said this on Wednesday night, and again at a show this past weekend in Chicago.

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Doing this so blatantly, and to lace it with a "maybe" reeks of schtick. And probably means that it's not happening.

13. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

He’s trolling

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

ngl I saw them open a few years back with blink and they were way tighter than I expected considering they came from the "sucky musician" era of the scene.

15. MikeERayner

Trusted

Their set list hasn’t changed since 2005 so who cares?

16. ZeoVGM

Regular

I don't understand some of the negative replies here at all. Their last album is one of the best they've released and they would still mainly be playing their older singles live.

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We don’t really want them to change their set list considering all their post-2005 material lmao

disambigujason likes this.
  18. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I don't know, I've always had the impression they really did stand above their peers when it comes to their musical chops.