Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used - The Canyon (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 6, 2017.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Me too sometimes but if TUG isn’t a real person at this point, they’ve kept up the joke for a good number of years as I remember him during the AP.net days vividly.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Lol I remember when the posts were toned down at first and I didn't realize right away it was The Used Fan. Doesn't go on about gummy bear houses as much now anyways lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

TUG is the better fan though tbh. Nothing ever negative to say about his favorite band. Sometimes I wouldn't even know Mike J is a fan from some things that are said, if he didn't come right out and say "I am number 1 fan".

irthesteve likes this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

True, but I'd argue that being overly positive about anything a band does doesn't make the greatest fan either. I think the best fans are those who are able to say they don't like a particular song or that an album is less than stellar and why they feel that way without being disrespectful or sounding like they know better than everyone else. I don't think it's possible to actually think everything a band with 7-8 albums and more is a 11/10.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Being able to be critical of something you love isn't something most people can handle though, which has been proven by almost any thread I am in lol :-)

BlackwingE likes this.
  6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I can handle criticism about a song I love, BUT DON'T YOU EVER DARE SAY BEGGARS THE SONG IS OVERRATED AGAIN!!!

thenewmatthewperry and Davjs like this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

:-O:teethsmile:

It's just not the song that's overrated on here

8. sophos34 Jul 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2019)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

saw them for the first time this past weekend at warped tour, extremely surprised at how good they ar, bert is fucking weird as fuck but he sounds on point. a lot of songs are pitched down which helps but even then he's super solid. i think the "newest" song they played was blood on my hands, lol, would've liked to see "over and over" but thats okay

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This band gets a lot of flack but I've only heard good stuff about their live sets recently. Weird they didn't play anything off this

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Speaking of Blood on my Hands, I just listened to Artwork last night and that record really holds up. Also I'm grateful I caught a show on their first tour after putting out The Canyon, because they played a really healthy amount off the record and still felt really proud of it, probably because that was before Justin left. I get why maybe they don't want to play a lot of the songs now, after what sounded like a dramatic ordeal.

Bryan Diem, beachdude and Davjs like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Why did you link that post?

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im somewhere in front of the a/v tent in the center probably halfway to the stage

TUG likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Hahahaha that’s EPIC, ty for the laugh I needed it after my wife’s boyfriend took my PlayStation away

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

That song is still pretty good tho not gonna lie.

All I listen to anymore is this band’s first two records. Self-titled is literally one of the strongest front-to-back records I can think of.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Lies is actually a super fun record too

chewbacca110 and BlackwingE like this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

There’s some good ideas in there, but on the whole I don’t really like it all that much. Too much that just falls flat for me and there’s something about it, lyrically, that I just find obnoxious. I think I’ve finally developed some appreciation for Artwork tho after trying it again recently.

17. ZeoVGM

Regular

I've always defended Artwork. I think it's a great album overall.

For Lies, it's very strange. I loved a number of tracks when it came out but the album is all over the place.

I've always thought that if the best of Lies and and the Lies b-sides included on Shallow Believer were combined into a single 12-15 track album, it would be looked at one of their best projects.

"Paralyzed" never being released as a single still stings. That song could have been massive.

Turkeylegz and Bryan Diem like this.
  18. ZeoVGM

Regular

The artwork on, uh, Artwork, will never not be terrible.

But I love that album. Every chorus is massive.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah SB actually is so fun too

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

over and over is one of my favorite songs ever lol ngl

21. Dog Fish

Mutt

It would have been such a great follow-up to in love and death. But yea, the artwork is the worst i've ever seen.

22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Lies for the Liars is a fucking amazing pop rock record. The songs themselves may not be top tier Used but the record sounds so fucking good and they're trying a lot of new things on it. I remember being disappointed in Artwork when it came out (love it now though)

chewbacca110 and Bryan Diem like this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Quesa
    Dilla
    Quasa
    Dilla

chewbacca110 likes this.