Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used - The Canyon (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sybil

Regular

I havent bothered with this band in forever. They basically haven't been my thing since their 2nd or 3rd album...but ya know what? That new song is lit. I dont know why but.....it's gotten into my head. The production, the little quirks, etc. There's something about it.

I'm cautiously interested in this album now(or at least until they release a 2nd song and it kills my hope).

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Quirks is a good word. Like on the first two albums they did a lot of weird stuff that just worked. And in between then and now the production choices, a lot of it really didn't work for me at least. This song works great I think haha.

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I checked the comments on the Hopeless Records Facebook post and all I saw was people calling the song pop trash. In other words, Facebook being Facebook.

beachdude42 and slimfenix182 like this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This song has gotten me pumped up about The Used again. Listening to Artwork right now.

TUG likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

The guitar at the end is easily my favorite thing they've done since ILAD

6. slimfenix182

Ross Robinson was an interesting choice to produce. Glad they didn't use Feldmann again to say the least lol.

7. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I've already listened to Over and Over Again more than I have anything on the last 2 albums.

Which is to say I've listened to it 3 times.

8. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've been listening to it all day, I'm having a moment with it right now. Feels like the first time I heard The Bird and the Worm or something.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Jeph's bass playing in the single is sweet.

TUG likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21 Sep 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2017)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh man. This new song is refreshing. What a breath of fresh air for this band. Liking what I'm hearing.

I get a The Police vibe from this song.

TUG, beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

yooooo. i really appreciate your profile pic.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Still can't get over how good this single is tbh

slimfenix182, JamesMichael and TUG like this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I keep reading a lot of negative comments on twitter (I don't use it personally) but I saw AP post an article saying the song more or less got slated by a lot of people as a pose to everyone loving it on here (including myself). It's a great song and I can't believe some 'fans' think otherwise.

beachdude42 and TUG like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Lol. Someone on fb said this song reminds them of 5 Seconds of Summer.

I don't really understand the hate for this song. It's very Lies for the Liars and In Love and Death-esque.

The music video is good too.

TUG likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah, I think it's strange for people to call out this song in particular. I've seen people say they're selling out even which is super weird since they've had poppier stuff than this on every album they've put out. It's so strange to me that any fan of this band would see this as a step down from their last album.

js977, JamesMichael and beachdude42 like this.
  16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I saw someone say it sounds heavily influenced by Justin Bieber...

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ignorance.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

wonder if the people saying it's too poppy have heard the taste of ink

19. SpyKi

What I'm saying. Or I Caught Fire.. it's such a weird complaint to me.

js977 likes this.
  20. Jams

Trusted

Those people sound like some members of my family lol They think only rock is good and anything other than rock is bad. Nothing wrong with pop music and this band has always wrote poppier stuff. Like if this song isn't your thing that's fine, but saying it's bad just bc it's poppy...I don't get it.

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

It doesn't seem to have much staying power. Listened to it twice today and was annoyed by the second time through, they really beat that catchy little riff to death after 5 minutes

Matt504 likes this.
  22. SpyKi

I've found myself going back to it quite a few times actually and I think it's just growing on me. I hope the banjo section is indicative of them trying some new things on here.

beachdude42 and truelovewaits like this.
  23. beachdude

Yeah I don't think the core simplicity is a detractor to its staying power at all. It's just a solidly written song that gets stuck in your head.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  24. beachdude

The cowbell intro and backing vocals definitely are a bit different too imo

SpyKi likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

You know I've been sitting on the edge of my fucking seat wondering what happened to that lost treasure.