Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used Live in Denver, CO (Throwback Thursday)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

As I talked with Jason about the transition from AbsolutePunk to Chorus, I started thinking about the impact that website had on me over the years. I thought about all the shows I shot under that little heart banner. As I sat looking at a pile of boxes filled with old film and prints from the past, I realized how sad it would be if these only lived in the cardboard coffins and were never shared with the world. So, I’m going to be posting some pictures from of my favorite shows over the next few weeks. I’m stealing the “throwback Thursday” moniker, because, why not? This week I’m excited to share some images I captured of The Used at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver, CO on April 12th, 2015.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All photos by Dave Gaslin

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is so sick. What kind of kit do you use, Dave?

3. I know The Used got a lot of hate on absolutepunk but they're so fun on stage. I love these guys

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Amazing shots. :clap:

5. Loki

God of mischief

I went to this tour and it was absolutely fantastic.

6. davegaslin

Thanks Craig! I shoot with a 6D primarily, some were shot with the 24-105L(f4) and the 70-200L(f2.8). Depending on the show or tour I might rent or borrow. Like for the west coast Saosin w/Anthony reunion run I was on last year, I shot with a 1DC and fell in love because of the FPS.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I went to this show and was absolutely shocked at how empty the venue was. The Fillmore holds 3000 and there weren't even 1000 people at this show. They actually curtained off the back half of the venue, which I have never ever seen before at the Fillmore. The Used were disappointing, to say the least. At least they played TWO songs off Imaginary Enemy at this show and not just one...makes me wonder why I even bother listening to their new material when they never play it. Probably was my last The Used show, definitely won't be going to the two-night stint coming up in Denver.

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Dang I'm ridiculously pumped to hear those two records front-to-back.