Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used - Heartwork (April 24, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by gutterball, Apr 9, 2020.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah this album proves they should just be a funky pop band now.

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I'm shocked how much I'm into this. Clean Cut Heals is a banger.

Kuri44 likes this.
  3. Kuri44

Yeah this album is really good

4. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Agreed. As it kept going on, I was like, "Why are they doing this to me?"

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Daaaamn this opening track is doing it for me

Mcrx and latortuga like this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i haven't listened to an album by The Used since the one after the self-titled (so their 2nd i believe) and this was surprisingly enjoyable since most people around here seem to shit on The Used and mention them in jest/mocking tones. not sure what all the albums between the 2nd one and this one sound like, but this isn't bad.

"BIG, WANNA BE" vocals remind me of Papa Roach for some reason. hard to explain.

7. drewinseries

Drew

Every time they release new music I always just end up listening to s/t and ILAD. Those albums are so good. Huge part of my adolescence and finding my own music tastes.

8. Kuri44 Apr 24, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020)
    Kuri44

Title track reminds me so much of Say Anything and chorus in The Lottery gives me Circa Survive vibes

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Circa has a song called “The Lottery” to boot don’t they lol

Kuri44 likes this.
  10. ZeoVGM

Regular

This is great.

11. dzyjay

Regular

Legit haven’t loved the used since in love and death... this is great wow. It’s just all good and reminds me of that time. Feldman did it this time.

Mcrx and Christian Romero like this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just noticed the "Blue and Yellow" reference in the opener, good shit

Mcrx, Contender and Jusscali like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is their best work since Artwork, but as an album flow it feels all over the place with scattered heavy songs, pop songs, and classic used songs.

Contender, skogsraet and Jusscali like this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Started listening with the back half today and liked it better that way. I agree the flow is weird

15. I really like how they break between different styles every song or so. Album doesn't flow weird at all for me.

Mcrx likes this.
  16. ZeoVGM

Regular

No it couldn't. :P

Noradrenaline likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Thought it was weird the album was hardly being mentioned in the band thread, I'm here now haha.

Basically the first 5 songs sound like they were gonna make a typical Used album and then they got smart. Blow Me and Hate This Song are pretty decent musically but just terrible lyrics. I like Paradise Lost and played the crap out of it for a day or two but it just kinda lacks substance for me, I'm not sure. It's not a bad opener though.

From track 6 on, I love almost everything. Clean Cut Heals is probably my favorite, musically it sounds like an early Timberlake solo song or something haha. Lighthouse is probably the weakest from that point but I like the dancey vibe anyways. The bridge in that song was begging for more to be done with it. Love Cathedral Bells a ton too.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. Yeah the first few songs really got me worried. The album gets instantly better from there.

19. SpyKi

Even the first few have grown on me at this point although the album seriously picks up with Cathedral Bell. I had to delete the title track though because I can't stand it lol.

Mcrx likes this.
  20. sukottokairu

Regular

this is pretty dang good, their best since vulnerable. but putting BIG, WANNA BE as the third song... ugh such a turn off to the start of the album.

21. I’ve learned to like Big Wanna Be but man my first playthrough it was noooot good

22. SpyKi

I really like most of that song but the chorus still sucks.

I need to revisit Artwork because I haven't listened to it in years but I think this might be their best since LFTL.

23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I like BIG WANNA BE more now after hearing Bert describe it as a sarcastic dig at social media influencer types.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Illuminati

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. sukottokairu

Regular

i bet they did it on purpose to try and trick people searching for the actual heartwork record into stumbling upon their album.

slimfenix182 likes this.