Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used - Heartwork (April 24, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by gutterball, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Album cover sucks but the songs are great.

irthesteve and Christian Romero like this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Artwork just clicked with me over the years. It blows my mind every time I listen to it now. I hardly listen to S/T anymore, but I give it the respect because of how influential it was to me and the scene back in the day. I look at S/T the same way I look at Taking Back Sunday's 'Tell All Your Friends' album, except TAYF's is unlistenable to me.

3. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

I'd start with Imaginary Enemy. Not the best of their records, but probably one of the most accessible.

4. S/T>Artwork>ILAD>LFTL>Vulnerable>Imaginary Enemy>>>>>The Canyon

S/T is their best, but I go back to Artwork the most I think. The Canyon is the only album I really can't get through. Also, their EP, The Ocean of the Sky would probably be right between ILAD and LFTL for me. I always forget how much of their discography I really love.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Imaginary Enemy is one of my least favourite albums ever. I'd say listen to Artwork or the new one. Vulnerable is solid too.

6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The Ocean of the Sky EP is great if you forget that 20 minutes track of random noises ever existed.

7. Oh wow I did forget that exists!

8. Listening to Artwork now and yep, this is still great. Excited to listen to Heartwork tonight!

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Which songs are great? Empty With You was OK, literally don't remember another track from Artwork it was that forgettable

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Empty With You and Sold My Soul are both great.

12. Meant to Die and On the Cross are both pretty great too. Artwork is great almost front to back.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

It's actually pretty cool to see the excitement around The Used here right now. I feel like it has been a long time. The album is overall pretty good.

Mcrx and Christian Romero like this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I truly just cannot comprehend how they thought "Blow Me" was the track that should represent this album

or to put it another way, how the hell "Obvious Blase" wasn't the first single

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Artwork is great...also - for whatever reason - the last album I paid attention to from this band outside of checking out a few singles.

Christian Romero and Micool1 like this.
  16. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Born to Quit and The Best of Me have always been favorited of mine.

Christian Romero and Micool1 like this.
  17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah this one is actually really good lol

18. Only listened to the album once so far and it’s a lot better than I was expecting. Cathedral Bell is my personal fav. The only track I would skip is “Wow, I Hate This Song” holy shit did they try to make the most annoying chorus in the world?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Blow Me works way better in the album than as a single. Obvious Blase would have sold me on the album immediately

Mcrx likes this.
  20. The instrumentals in “Clean Cut Heals” are just soooo good

SpyKi and clockwise like this.
  21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

After listening to this a handful of times, I really do like it. I think it will end up falling somewhere in the middle of their discography for me. Favorite tracks rn are 1984, My Cocoon, Clean Cut Heals and The Lottery. It's definitely their most eclectic album, and a lot of the experimentation works.

Christian Romero likes this.
  22. henryviolence

this is honestly great? some genuinely surprising and cool sounding stuff on here. even the more generic radio rock stuff has some edge... stoked to jam more.

Mcrx and Christian Romero like this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Count me in on the “cut the first 6 tracks of the album” train. Second half is way stronger and I gotta say I appreciate the experimentation on the album as a whole.

“Wow I Hate This Song” is The Used intentionally ripping so many popular vocal melodies that plague a ton of current Top 40 radio and then they go a do a full on radio song with “Clean Cut Heels” - but I think it works. “1984” could have made a cool album opener if they cut some it’s length. “The Lighthouse” and “Obvious Blasé” could both be massive radio hits. Mark is utilized really well and the latter is definitely reminiscent to Machine Gun Kelly’s hit he did with Travis. “Darkness Bleeds, FOTF” sounds like a ILAD b-side and makes me feel nostalgic.

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Is this a concept album or something? Know they did a few of those. Curious what’s up with all the literary reference songs

25. The heaviest songs are easily the worst. They just can't pull them off anymore without making me think of the "how do you do, fellow kids" meme