Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used - Heartwork (April 24, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by gutterball, Apr 9, 2020.

1. gutterball

released so early into the 2020s and already a nomination for album of the decade. wow.

2. your own nomination? ha jk.

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Wow, so many perfect reviews from sites I've never heard of, this must be amazing

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Damn, this is definitely their best album in a long time. They really swing for the fences which I really appreciate. Some of the execution isn't exactly perfect, but they really do some new things on this album. It doesn't blow me away, but I am honestly impressed

SpyKi and Christian Romero like this.
  5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

This is definitely the best album they have done since Artwork imo. But that chorus on Wow, I Hate This Song is as embarrassing as that title.

Christian Romero likes this.
  6. He's probably singing about a song that Feldmann also had a hand in producing, haha. Bad lyrics though, for sure, haha.

7. Kuri44

8. gutterball

one of my favorites on the album. so catchy. la la la I love this album, la la la I want to sing along, la la la holy fuck I love this album

9. So it's in your Top 16 list of songs you love from this album?

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Lighthouse is really solid

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. I really like lighthouse. Well meh on the actual lighthouse part, but everything else about the song is pretty great. Jeph's bass is great in this one.

12. Rawrz

Regular

Albums pretty meh. Some good, some bad, nothing really stands out in comparison to their best work. Hoping it grows on me with time.

13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, is there a song that isn't one of your favorites on the album?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. I was going to ask gutterball to rank all of the band's songs, but then I realized all of them would probably be tied as the #1 song.

slimfenix182 and irthesteve like this.
  15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

gutterball is TUG, no?

16. bradsonemanband Apr 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2020)
    on my first run through now.

i don't really like the first 3 songs, but "bloody nose" is when it starts getting good. i'm actually a fan of "wow, i hate this song" when i don't pay attention to the lyrics. "cathedral bell" rules.
    "gravity's rainbow" is decent. I prefer the verses over the choruses. "clean cut heels" that bassline! so rad haha. "the lighthouse" is catchy. i like that one. "obvious blase" is also great. i love the choruses and the little keyboard diddily bops going on in the second verse. that breakdown in "the lottery" is the best part of that song. the end of "darkness bleeds" is pretty cool. their new guitarist is better than their last one or two or whatever, that's for sure. bring on the riffage! the last song is fine.

that's all.

17. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

has anyone listened to it in alphabetical order yet

18. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the chorus on "The Lighthouse" is so bad, like goddamn. and yeah the album really doesn't pick up until "Bloody Nose", I have no idea why they went with this tracklist

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I can be your LIGHTHOOOOOUUUUUUSE

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. Rowan5215

so bad. that whole run from "Clean Cut Heals" to the Hoppus song is super rough, nearly sinks the album

21. I can’t wait to listen to the lyrics on this thing.

22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

"The prettiest corpse is the real black parade"

Am I hearing things on 1984

Mcrx likes this.
  23. Kuri44

Haven’t heard the album. but The Lighthouse is definitely my least favorite of the songs released. It’s so fucking bad

Christian Romero and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Rowan5215

definitely sounds like a Bert lyric :teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile:

prob the worst on the album (in a deathmatch with "Blow Me" at least) if that's at all reassuring lol

Kuri44 likes this.
  25. Kuri44

I‘m disappointed since It was the song I was most looking forward to hear.

I also saw read an interview today where Bert said they made a couple more songs with Mark and those will probably be released at some point down the road