Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used/Glassjaw Fall Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Aug 21, 2017.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Glassjaw is playing on an off date at the Glasshouse in Pomona on Nov. 22nd, the day before Thanksgiving. I would absolutely be there, as I have the week off from work. However, I'm going to be out of town with my wife's family for Thanksgiving. That'll be an awesome show for anyone who gets to go.

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

Saw them there when they dropped Coloring Book and gave everyone in attendance a copy on cd. They sounded amazing.

3. thispartysucks

ahhh. thanks. thats a bummer.

4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The Rave in Milwaukee sent me 4 free tickets to this, can't be a good sign.

5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit this is the most empty I’ve ever seen this venue. This is the first time I get to see Glassjaw and after this I hope it’s not the last.

6. meggers

Trusted

The Dallas show got moved to House of Blues from South Side Ballroom. Must not be selling well to have that big of a downgrade.

7. TMS2787 Nov 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Saturday nights show was good. It was one of Glassjaw’s off-day headliners. The band sounded really strong and Daryl’s voice was good. They played four or five new songs and of those I believe three have never been played before. The first 11 songs of the set ended up being the same as the bands current set of The Used tour. They played zero Coloring Book songs which is now the normal and that bummed me out because that is probably my favorite project of theirs (gasp!)

Out of the songs I had never heard I didn’t dislike any of them and I loved one of them, I wish I had a title to put to them because they didn’t use a setlist, lol. I am really looking froward to hearing a new recording of the songs they played and hope this mean they’ll tour more regularly (lol).

The crowd was pretty small but they did get a good reaction from the crowd, people singing along, “moshing” and moving around. I’m glad they came here for a headliner and I got to see them again.

You Think You're (John Fucking Lennon)
    Tip Your Bartender
    Pretty Lush
    Pink Roses
    Jesus Glue
    Mu Empire
    Ape Dos Mil
    New White Extremity
    Shira
    My Concious Weighs a Ton
    The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports
    Abigados
    Convectuoso
    Two Tabs of Mescaline
    New Song
    New Song
    New Song
    Siberian Kiss

9:50 PM-11:10 PM

bachna84 likes this.
  8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Like most people my age (turning 34 later this month), I fell off from The Used nearly a decade ago and Glassjaw never really got my interest so skipping this. For those who still listen to The Used, have they been able to extend their set beyond 12 songs when they headline? Has Bert completely shredded his vocal chords yet?

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

I mean...this is how long their headlining sets are.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

14 song set on this tour.

11. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Who has been closing each night?

12. Jackbo487

Regular

wait, the Used only play 14 songs and that's on a regular basis? Yikes

13. xthisislove

Regular

Since Bert had his surgery he can’t do a lot which is why they don’t do more than 2 shows back to back. They get asked for warped every year but he simply can’t do it

14. TMS2787

Trusted

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

This is not a co-headlining tour, correct? I thought this was a Used headliner with Glassjaw as direct support.

16. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Glassjaw have nothing to promote, so they're direct support. Surprised there wasn't an opening act on this tour.

17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

18. Jackbo487

Regular

oh that makes sense then, I wasn't clued-in on his situation, I guess.