Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used/Glassjaw Fall Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Really? How do you know and what happened?

2. xthisislove

Regular

A friend who works on the back end of things. I believe their headliner ended up being too good of an offer to pass up or something like that

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Meaning all 3 bands or were they substituted by The Used or Glassjaw?

4. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I've never seen The Used live, but I'll admit I've only listened to their first 3 albums, and the 1st album is the only one that really holds any nostalgic value to me. I saw Glassjaw open for Brand New at Nassau Colisseum in 2009, and they were insane. Daryl was on point that night.

5. mrshiver

I would leave so fast after glassjaw

6. atlas

Trusted

Have it on good authority that Glassjaw will have some off day shows from this, so yay

7. TrailerParkJesus

OG

I'm hoping for some new GJ tracks to be released before this... hopefully they pull a Brand New, that's their kinda behavior too

8. red8ge

Regular

seeing etid open for the used was definitely one of the worst experiences ever. what an idiot crowd

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I felt really bad for The Used. The place was about 80% full for ETID. After their set, I was able to get 2nd row for The Used. I'm going to guess that it happened in other places as well.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

Glassjaw crowds suck. The Used crowds suck. They both are terrible to be around but for different reasons.

BUT who lets a crowd really ruin a show for them? Sure they are annoying but if you can't ignore idiots and how bad they suck that's on you.

11. tonyvalentine

Regular

One year at Riot Fest Brand new was playing the same stage right before The Pixies so a lot of The Pixies fans were getting close so after Brand New they'd be ready to go.

So as Brand New played "Okay I Beleive You" this girl would then repeat the line after he said it but would change the lyrics and then talk shit about Brand New. Not only would she repeat it but she would literally scream it at the top of her lungs.

Everyone around me was getting furious at her. So this happens for a few songs until I had a breaking point. So as she's screaming I lean over and say "listen, everyone around you understands you don't like this band and it's really rude with what you're doing. I know you want to see The Pixies because I do too and I also love Brand new. So if you keep acting this way I will ruin your night once The Pixies start."

After that she gave me a dirty look and left. Her friends apologized on behalf of her and said they were getting really annoyed as well.

12. TMS2787 Aug 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Yikes. That sounds like a really awful case of terrible crowds. I was there for that festival and set. Good thing I wasn't by it. Sometimes I just try to move when crap like that happens. I don't know if you threatening her was the best plan of action but it shut her up and she was rude. I usually ask people to shut up when they are talking, sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Usually those people will move or walk Away because clearly they aren't there for the show. Granted, a festival is a bit different.

13. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This is great news. I can't bring myself to see the Used.

14. TrailerParkJesus

OG

I'm really hoping for No openers. I want GJ to play as long as possible

15. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Well this got me to buy a ticket

16. TMS2787

Trusted

When will the supposed Glassjaw off date shows be announced? There isn't much room for many shows that would make sense with the travel time between shows on off days.

17. atlas

Trusted

Few of them went up just now. Idk if there's more

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

HOB 11/4

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

20. TMS2787

Trusted

21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Glassjaw- NOV 26th in Sacramento

22. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Just saw this!

Any idea on openers? I understand if you can't say anything.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually don't know anything yet! I'm assuming it will end up being local

bachna84 likes this.
  24. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Glassjaw would play in Cleveland on my birthday the year I move away.

bachna84 likes this.
  25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

It's on a weekend......

Maybe a good time for a Cleveland visit?!

Michael Schmidt likes this.