Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used/Glassjaw Fall Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. atlas

Trusted

Might go to Chicago just for Glassjaw

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

interesting. interesting indeed.

4. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

This is just strange

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

how is this strange? Same fanbase

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Doubt this can fill the Aragon

7. JM95

Trusted

Hey Glassjaw, how about you use this as a springboard to release one of those album things.

Cgarnsay, kyle and GEM37 like this.
  8. Mister Lyrical

Maybe back in the day, but my money's on a majority of Glassjaw fans getting annoyed how half of the crowd just doesn't care about that band while The Used's fans get irritated at how much they're freaking out.

9. cwhit

have the used actually gotten new fans in a decade though?

kyle likes this.
  10. Mister Lyrical

Surprisingly yes. Or at least they've got fans who were too young to go to the shows back in their heyday. Similar experience to how MCR still picks up fans just a smaller scale.

11. cwhit

i mean any band is going to pick up some fans as time goes on but i'd assume the vast majority of people are still pretty much from the old school days. same as TBS pretty much

12. Mister Lyrical

The Used had a lot of casual fans just into singles like Taste of Ink and I Caught Fire. People who I wouldn't be surprised just completely missed Glassjaw.

13. cwhit

well, yeah, obviously the used will have a bigger fanbase, but the tour makes a whole lot of sense fanbase wise. majority of the glassjaw fanbase were used fans when glassjaw was actually a band

14. Mister Lyrical

I mean it makes sense for The Used, people into Glassjaw are generally really into Glassjaw so will go even for a support (co-headliner?) which sells them tickets. Just think most of people who come specifically for The Used will not be that receptive to Glassjaw who I think would make more money on their own tour unless they're getting some good paychecks to back up The Used. Which if the latter is the case, more power to Daryl and the gang.

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol the Roseland? Really? Really expected to see this at the Hawthorne.

16. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I have never heard a Glassjaw fan but I like The Used a fair bit. I've loved their last few albums and insanely disappointed that they play hardly anything off them live. At least they played some songs off of Vulnerable during that tour, but they seriously only played a total of 2 songs off their last album. So I'm curious if they'll be releasing new music to support this tour. The double album tour (which I skipped) seemed to go on for a long time.

17. I don't have any interest in seeing The Used, but I'll go for glassjaw.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I would be one of those dudes who would drive out just to support Glassjaw, but after how disappointed I was seeing them open for Coheed & Cambria last year, I don't know if I can do that again.

From what I remember, the band themselves were tight and had energy, but Daryl basically just stood in the center of the stage rocking back and forth slightly for the whole set. And I know he's getting older and suffers from chronic health issues, but there were certain where it just felt like he didn't even try. Dude just genuinely looked like he didn't want to be there.

Shame, too. It was my first time seeing them and I was amped beyond reason. Not sure if anyone else felt different.

19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

This is exactly the tour that Glassjaw needs to be on if they want to continue to be a band. They'll always be able to draw the fans from their heyday but its the young fans that the Used have continued to pick up over the last decade that Glassjaw could benefit from winning over.

A 200 cap room full of 30 year olds doesn't keep a band afloat in the long-term

20. cwhit

gotta sell some new merch to people who don't have all the glassjaw merch

Mister Lyrical and Fronnyfron like this.
  21. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I saw that tour and you're absolutely right. The band was getting into it while Daryl was just rocking back and forth. It's not every Gj show though. The first time I saw them 7 or 8 years ago at the Thursday holiday show, the band was basically in your face. Same with a headlining free show with Balance and Composure a few years back. The only other show I saw them look miserable was at Skate and Surf 2013 but the entire festival ran like shit. I'd give them another shot but also look at some YouTube videos of this tour (unless the closest date is the first one).

GEM37 likes this.
  22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Would love to see glassjaw but some of my worst experiences have been with fans of The Used. Bad band, even worst fans.

23. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Did GJ ever get a second touring guitarist? I saw them at Riot Fest 2013 and they sounded lacking without that other guitar.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i always think im into glassjaw....but then i remember it's really i like 4 songs

obviously still a good opener, but ive seen the used too many times. I did the album show thing. This might be a band that's retired until further notce

25. xthisislove

Regular

Fun fact: Afi was supposed to be on this

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.