Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ultimate Yellowcard Setlist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Last week Yellowcard made the announcement that their forthcoming self-titled album would also be their last. After nearly 20 years, the pop punk outfit has decided to call it quits. So it only seemed fitting that we use this week’s playlist to honor the band and take a look back at their long and noteworthy career.

As always, the rules are 22 songs and a two song encore. Check out the full track listing below and stream the playlist on Spotify and Apple Music.

As I dove into making this playlist, I started to realize how many hits there are in Yellowcard’s discography. It’s hard to do the band any real justice because for every song that made the list, there were at least two that I would’ve loved to include and simply didn’t have the space for. While we wait to see what the band’s setlist will look like as they take their final lap around the US this fall, we’d love for everyone head to the replies and let us know what songs they’d most like to hear.

Track Listing

1. Awakening
    2. Make Me So
    3. Way Away
    4. Here I Am Alive
    5. Light Up The Sky
    6. With You Around
    7. Rough Landing, Holly
    8. Crash The Gates
    9. Soundtrack
    10. Lights And Sounds
    11. October Nights
    12. Only One
    13. Lift A Sail
    14. Empty Apartment
    15. Rest In Peace
    16. Shadows and Regrets
    17. Sing For Me
    18. Believe
    19. You and Me and One Spotlight
    20. Holly Wood Died
    Encore

• Southern Air
    • Ocean Avenue

2. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Interesting setlist. For me I would swap out Sing For Me, Soundtrack, Southern Air and Spotlight for Be The Young, Bombers, Fighting and Fragile and Dear.

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It should be noted by the way that apparently Ocean Avenue isn't on Apple Music. Feel free to sub in your local files or the acoustic album in those song's place.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Not Breathing or For You and Your Denial from you either?

5. xenoabe

Regular

I lost my Dad when I was 10 so Life of a Salesman is my all time favorite song.

6. becky kovach

I wanted "Breathing" and "For You and Your Denial" and "Bombers" and "Fighting" "and "Be The Young" on there. I really did.

Also "Surface Of The Sun," "How I Go," "Miles Apart," "Five Becomes Four," "Rough Draft," "Life Of Leaving Home," "Always Summer," "Gifts and Curses," "The Deepest Well," and basically every other damn song in this band's discography.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You're breaking my heart with the lack of "Back Home." I think that should be their main set closer for this tour.

Pepetito likes this.
  8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Underdog

9. CaptainInsano

Agreed. If YC had a song that had the tempo of Back Home and the lyrics from Miles Apart, it would be the PERFECT closer, IMO.

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

I think you can put both of those near the end of the set.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Bummer...no fighting! But the list looks great. A nod to how many great songs this band wrote over the years.

12. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Needs Rough Draft, Fighting, and Back Home!

Good setlist though.

13. becky kovach

As much as I love "Back Home" I just didn't feel like the message lined up all that well. If anything, I would've loved to throw "Miles Apart" in there as a closer.

14. Craig Manning

Huh. I think the message of that song fits better than "Holly Wood Died," personally.

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Keeper, Rough Draft, and close on Three Flights Down (just kidding too sad)

16. becky kovach

Honestly not sure either message is a good fit, I just really love the outro on "Holly Wood Died" as a set closer

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Been waiting for this one! Let's goooooooooo.

1. "The Takedown"
    2. "With You Around"
    3. "Always Summer"
    4. "Rough Landing, Holly"
    5. "Empty Apartment"
    6. "The Deepest Well"
    7. "Be The Young"
    8. "Only One"
    9. "Light Up The Sky"
    10. "Lights & Sounds"
    11. "Shrink The World"
    12. "The Sound of You & Me"
    13. "Rest In Peace"
    14. "Keeper"
    15. "Awakening"
    16. "Martin Sheen or JFK"
    17. "Soundtrack"
    18. "Believe"
    19. "Back Home"
    20. "Paper Walls"

Encore

21. "Ten"
    22. "Ocean Avenue"

This one was really difficult, maybe even the hardest yet. Couldn't make room for anything pre-Ocean Avenue, which is a real shame but that's just a testament to how consistently great they've been for almost their entire career.

18. oldboot

Regular

I'd go with:

1. Convocation/Transmission Home
    2. Lights & Sounds
    3. With You Around
    4. Only One
    5. For You, and Your Denial
    6. Awakening
    7. Light Up The Sky
    8. Breathing
    9. Here I Am Alive
    10. Shadows & Regrets
    11. Empty Apartment
    12. Fighting
    13. Illuminate
    14. Breathing
    15. Lift a Sail
    16. Rest In Peace
    17. Rough Landing, Holly
    18. Always Summer
    19. Southern Air
    20. Way Away
    Encore:
    21. California
    22. Ocean Avenue

Wow, that was tough. And I still couldn't find a way to squeeze in about 12 more songs I wanted. Making this into a playlist right now!

19. Rustash

Thing-doer

The lack of Rivertown Blues on any of these lists is deeply troubling to me.

Scoob, koryoreo and brettswanny like this.
  20. RoKKeR

The Fly

Interesting setlist, but no chance Make Me So is on here for me personally. One of my least favorite songs on LAS to be quite honest.

Pepetito and brettswanny like this.
  21. becky kovach

I dig this one a lot. The only thing I'd change is taking "Ten" off. It's a great song but Key has straight up said they'll never play it and that he prefers not to talk about it.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  22. becky kovach

I completely forget about how great a song "Illuminate" is. Goddamn. Also, isn't it cheating to put "Convocation/Transmission Home" as one spot? ;)

23. oldboot

Regular

A little, I suppose! I was just kind of picturing what they did on the Lift a Sail tour where they walked out to Convocation and broke into Transmission Home. Probably not the most popular way to start a show but I feel like it works so well. Illuminate is such a jam...it was so tough to balance a set list across their entire discography. Can't imagine how the band is going to do it for a final tour!

24. Anthony_ Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oh, I know but it would still be so good live. I totally understand why he wouldn't want to play it, it's just such a powerful song. Gets me teared up every single time. I put it on there because I couldn't not. If I had to replace it with anything, I'd probably throw in "Sing For Me." If you couldn't tell from my previous set lists, I'm a big fan of the "Ballad, Greatest Hit" encore format.

25. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Shadows and Regrets made the list. As did You and Me and One Spotlight. :heart: