Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ultimate Bayside Setlist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

For this week’s playlist I’m honored to be continuing the recent trend of “Ultimate Setlists” with one of my favorite bands: Bayside. Last year Bayside celebrated their 15th anniversary and this year they’re bringing us a brand new album titled Vacancy — due out August 19th. To commemorate the release the band is heading out with The Menzingers and Sorority Noise on what promises to be one of the best tours of the summer. So what better time to really dive into Bayside’s expansive catalog?

The rules: 22 songs, including a two song encore.

With six full length albums, an acoustic LP, a covers EP, and plenty of miscellaneous bonus tracks, it wasn’t easy to narrow this one down. But I think what I’ve put together is a fair representation of everything Bayside has to offer. Check out the full track listing below and stream it on Spotify.

Did I miss your favorite song? Want to tell me that I’ve made a huge mistake? Head on over to the forums to air your grievances.

Track Listing

• The Walking Wounded
    • Killing Time
    • Stuttering
    • Montauk
    • Masterpiece
    • Blame It On Bad Luck
    • I Can’t Go On
    • Head On A Plate
    • Time Has Come
    • What And What Not
    • Sick, Sick, Sick
    • Pigsty
    • Already Gone
    • I and I
    • The Ghost of St. Valentine
    • Talking of Michaelangelo
    • Duality
    • Just Enough To Love You
    • Don’t Call Me Peanut
    • The Whitest Lie
    Encore

• Megan
    • Devotion and Desire

CoffeeEyes17 and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Kevin

Bada Boom

Any chance we could get this playlist on Apple Music too? :)

Dan O'Neill and David Parke like this.
  3. becky kovach

I'd say yes but would you believe I don't have Apple Music? :teethsmile:

4. My ultimate Bayside setlist would be to see them play Sirens front to back.

5. ajverdon

I Can't Go On is such a great one from Shudder, but I Think I'll Be Ok should be there too! Just Enough To Love You is a great old school throwback. The bridge to Half a Life is so good, I wish it was there too. Solid list though. I didn't really get into Killing Time apart from Sick, Sick, Sick, and Cult didn't really click either. Still, Bayside (the band and the s/t) was huge for me in my teens

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I think that my ultimate Bayside setlist would look very different. That being said, Bayside is my favorite band, and I think that (almost) all of their songs are amazing and deserve to be played live.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No They Looked Like Strong Hands?! I feel like that song doesn't get the proper love. I remember seeing them on the "Stages and Stereos" tour and they didn't even play it then.

8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I agree I Can't Go On is a great track and rarely played, i think I've only seen it played once in over 10 shows I've been to.

Jake Z likes this.
  9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

They've played it fairly regularly I think over the last few years. Then again I did just see them on the S/T tour.

10. AVanMill17

Regular

Mine would definitely need "Boy" and "they're not horses, they're unicorns".. Also wouldn't mind "No One Understands" to add another single in there.

11. bruinrk

@becky kovach You put all my favorite Shudder songs in there. Agree I think 'Boy' should be there though.

12. bruinrk

Also agreed that the Bayside tour is gonna be amazeballs

13. becky kovach

For the record, every song you guys are saying should've been on there was on there at some point. I really just want to see them pull an MCS and do a full discography tour.

Also, totally had "Winter" on there but took it off out of respect for the band and because I know it'd never make a real set list.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly, @becky kovach's setlist is pretty solid already. Nice selections. One thing though: for me, "Masterpiece" has to close the actual set, with "Devotion and Desire" being the last encore song.

Montauk
    Already Gone
    The Walking Wounded
    No One Understands
    A Synonym for Acquiesce
    Sick, Sick, Sick
    Blame It On Bad Luck
    Enemy Lines
    Carry On
    Sinking and Swimming on Long Island
    Time Has Come
    Dear Your Holiness
    Duality
    Existing In A Crisis (Evelyn)
    Pigsty
    I and I
    Tortures of the Damned
    The Whitest Lie
    I Can't Go On
    Masterpiece

Encore
    Don't Call Me Peanut
    Devotion and Desire

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  15. becky kovach

Dig this, and love that you included "Enemy Lines."

Dan O'Neill and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

For those who are looking for the Apple Music playlist, Becky doesn't have Apple Music but you can access it by clicking here:

Connecting to the iTunes Store.

17. becky kovach

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Fixed the link. Apparently my version of Megan wasn't coming up. Now it is

19. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

The list is solid, but you can't not have Dear Tragedy.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Awesome set list

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Figured I should considering it's a really good song and they're definitely going to be playing it all summer anyway haha

22. bloodinthesand

Regular

On a side note , I have listened to enemy lines 78 times via my iTunes count! I might need raneri rehab

Anthony_D'Elia and Dan O'Neill like this.
  23. buckcheeks

Regular

"Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" is getting no love. For shame. Such a great song.

That said, I don't envy anyone who tries to narrow down their discography into a 22 track playlist. Sheesh. Seems really, really tough.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  24. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I love the B-side Battle Scars more them some album cuts, would like to see that played

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  25. becky kovach

Battle Scars and Monster are two of my favorite Bayside tracks but chances of them playing either are so slim. I think they've played Monster once and that's it.

Bayside 182 likes this.