Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Twenty Dollar Taco Bell Challenge - WINNER: @COLESLAWD TIME: 14:58 • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

because ive learned enjoying food is my preferred means of consumption, also i haven’t gained weight in 40 days haha

dylan and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

Gonna go to taco bell today to.. uh... practice

3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think this could be either insanely difficult or fairly easy depending on what you order. I don't think there should be a set list that you have to order, but there should be some parameters.

For example, it would be much easier to eat 20 cheesy rollups than it would say 20 beefy fritos burritos.

Also, if you order all steak, it costs more, therefore getting you closer to the $20 goal than if you ordered all vegetarian.

5. Shrek

i could happily eat $20 of fiesta potatoes, maybe $15 worth and a couple doritos locos. everything else is too dense for me to approach the finish line

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is the right answer.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This is also counter intuitive to everything I've ever taught myself in regards to Taco Bell.

One of the reasons I eat at Taco Bell is because you can fill up for little money. Now I want to spend as much as possible and get as least full as possible?!?! What the fuck?!

FTank, coleslawed, littlejohn and 7 others like this.
  8. Shrek

shit, put like this it does sound dumb haha

9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

trying to get the least amount of food for the most price is counter intuitive to the purpose of the challenge. the idea behind it is that taco bell gives you a lot of food for little money, so it would be challenging to eat $20 worth of taco bell.

that's also why there was a call for required items so that someone doesn't load up on more expensive items to get the least amount of items for $20 or on small items so they get less filling items.

I like the idea of the required categories rather than required items, though.

10. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Did a little research on this illuminati website Experience the Power of the Dollar | Taco Bell and the dollar menu has 20 items, 10 for breakfast, and 10 for not breakfast. Looking at the total amount of food make it seem impossible that anyone could take down all 20, so what if we modified it to $10 and let people choose either breakfast or not breakfast? There is good variety in both and it makes the challenge a little more accessible while staying true to the value for food paradigm.

Edit: made a mistake on the number of items for each, it's 9 for breakfast and 11 for the other one.

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

We could also do a taco party pack challenge. 12 tacos of your choice. 15 minutes. lol

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I would just order 4 quesoritos.

13. Shrek

this i would do

Colby Searcy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. Anthony_ Mar 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 15, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The breakdown could be something like:

3 tacos
    1 burrito
    1 quesadilla
    1 specialty item (choice of either CGC, crunchwrap, or quesarito)
    1 loaded griller
    1 order of nacho fries
    1 medium beverage

I just put the following order into the app:

3 Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos
    1 Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito
    1 Chicken Quesadilla
    1 Beef Quesarito
    1 Chipotle Chicken Griller
    1 Order of Nacho Fries
    1 Medium Drink

...and it came out to $18.52 before tax, $19.75 with tax (depending on what meat everyone gets it could be a little more but this is the minimum with the cheapest meats for each). I originally had this with two burritos (the second being a shredded chicken burrito), in which case the total with tax would have been $21.98 for this particular order. There's going to be some variation in price no matter what unless everyone is eating literally the same exact items, so it's up to the group whether everyone prefers 9 items or 10 items.

So you can mix and match the fillings (what kind of meat, or no meat if you're veg) but these would be the proportions. A little bit of everything represented here. What does everyone think?

15. Shrek

looks perfect tbh, and much more doable now that i look at it

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’d probably cut 1 item from that because with tax it’d be like $23 for me

Colby Searcy and dylan like this.
  17. Shrek

in that case i think going down to 1 burrito would work

18. Anthony_ Mar 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 15, 2018)
    Anthony_

Yeah I didn't know if we wanted $20 before or after tax, I can edit the original post.

dylan likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Actually originally with two burritos it would have been only $21.98 with tax so I'll leave it up to the group whether you want one burrito or two. Two burritos also makes it an even 10 items total.

There's going to be some variation in price no matter what unless everyone is eating literally the same exact items, so it's up to the group whether everyone prefers 9 items or 10 items.

20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I like having 10 item, subtotal being ~$20.

Are we requiring recording of entries like the McTrump challenge?

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'd like to skip the quesadilla plz

22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

We must.

23. Anthony_

If the quesadilla is removed something comparable has to take its place. That item could be a choice between 1 quesadilla or 1 gordita supreme, maybe?

@Ken

Ken likes this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Now that I see the amount of food I don’t know if I could do this.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

at the very least picture of receipt, picture of food before being consumed, empty plate

Colby Searcy, bachna84 and dylan like this.