Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The True Crime Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BirdPerson, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Kuri44

2. Kuri44

3. Kuri44

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

anyone watching Forensic Files 2?

5. Kuri44

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Murder on Middle Beach was very good. 4 part doc on HBO about a woman murdered in 2010, still unsolved. Doc was made by her son interviewing lots of family members.

neo506 and theagentcoma like this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

My wife watched it, that family is messed up

neo506 likes this.
  8. Sarahtonin_

I’m surprised this thread isn’t more active.

well I read yesterday that one of the Zodiac killers cypher has been decoded. That’s some big news!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  9. djwildefire

Trusted

In the Dark and Bear Brook are two of the best true crime podcasts I’ve watched. Highly recommend

johnnyutes likes this.
  10. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Great recommendations. I can’t believe I never heard these before. Very impressed with the quality

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Victor Eremita Jul 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2021)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Pretty crazy update in the Mollie Tibbetts case:

Mollie Tibbetts murder: Sentencing delayed; possible new suspect cited

apparently two different prisoners have come forward saying they heard a confession that would corroborate Rivera’s wild defense that two masked men kidnapped him and made him drive his car while they killed Mollie and he disposed of the body.
    Still highly skeptical of this defense considering 1) there is footage of the car driving by Mollie multiple times and I’ve never heard mention of anyone seeing anyone else in the car 2) an officer pulled Rivera’s car over that day (I think?) and there was no one else in it and 3) he did confess after he was shown the footage and took the cops to the body and in hours of questioning he never mentioned these two men. Still I don’t trust cops and prosecutors so much that this update does interest me, and I’m curious how this will play out.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Also there is a suspect in custody for a horrible kidnapping and sexual assault of 10 year old girl about 20 miles away from the Delphi murders, warning graphic details:
    Delphi murders 'might' be connected to nearby kidnapping case: Sheriff

a lot of rumors that this guy is expected to be arrested for the Delphi murders, he certainly fits the description. I hope this guy rots either way.

14. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I had no idea this thread existed!

Just started listening to a podcast called Morbid done by some local Massachusetts girls!

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk if anyone here watches buzzfeed unsolved but for this season they've picked some odd choices. Like none of them have rly been unsolved?? Kinda disappointing for a final season

16. shea

RIP Supporter

Several sets of human remains have been discovered across the metro Atlanta area recently and there was an especially gruesome murder in a very popular park in midtown this past week. The FBI has been called in by APD which has a lot of people thinking they could be investigating a serial killer.

Some of the alleged details of the midtown murder are floating around on Twitter, so just a heads up if anyone looks into it…they’re uh..pretty grotesque.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Have any of you been following the Gabby Petito disappearance? I think the boyfriend killed her, sadly.

Carmen SD and emt0853 like this.
  18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

from the 30 second clip I saw on the news last night they surely paint it that way. “Petito and her boyfriend were traveling across country but he returned home 10 days ago alone, told no one, and her parents last heard from her in Wyoming”. Certainly doesn’t paint him as innocent if that was in fact what he did / the events.

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Any update on this?

20. shea

RIP Supporter

So a few police departments came out and said they don’t believe the cases are connected based on details and whatnot but of course that made a lot of people think they were misdirecting which made them buy into the serial killer thing even more.

Last I heard about the murder in the park there was a person of interest they think might have witnessed it based on surveillance videos and they came forward and cooperated with the police but I’m not sure anything ever came of it. Publicly anyway.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I don’t normally follow things like this too closely. I blame my transplant recovery for this, but I am OBSESSED. He’s now nowhere to be found. That van made it back to FL somehow. I fear that poor girl is dead.

24. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I’ve been following this case super closely since Wednesday—thought about bringing it up in this thread but didn’t want to go even further than the rabbit hole than I already was! Barely got any work done on that day.

I’d be really surprised if Gabby was okay—from the way Brian seemed to be handling her IG and everything else, I just can’t fathom that she’s alive or safe right now. Such a terrible and wild case. I also don’t think he killed the lesbian couple—that to me seems to be more of a hate crime by someone who had been in the area of their campsite for a while. The coincidence of timing and location is super wild, though.

25. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I think they did come out and say that the two cases were not related.