Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The True Crime Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BirdPerson, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yes I am here for this

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is up my alley. Forensic Files is everything! My fave eps:

- the one where the guy was falsifying old Mormon documents and started sending bombs to ppl who suspected him before one blew up on him and he got caught. It's wild they still think he has tons of fake documents circulating. I believe they kinda went into the science of the bombs and it was interesting.

- the one where a college kid killed his parents. "Favorite" isn't rly accurate but it's the only episode that has legit ever terrified me. If I remember correctly he struck his dad with an axe in bed, but he didnt die, and hours later the dad got up with his injuries and went downstairs to get the paper before finally dying. Idk he like didn't have all his brain function from the attack and was on autopilot it gave me nightmares and makes me sick to my stomach. Horrifying.
    -The woman who was assaulted by her doctor but they couldn't catch him because he was using stolen blood from a patient as his DNA sample. The woman was really stubborn and strong the way she kept fighting to get justice and took it into her own hands. I think I would've gotten defeated or given up but she kept holding her ground.

BirdPerson and supernovagirl like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Before I moved when I still had cable I spent all my time watching the investigation discovery channel. Literally my damn obsession.

One super famous case is Melissa Dohme. She was stabbed by her ex bf like an absurd amount of times and it’s a miracle she’s alive so she’s had a bunch of tv specials. PLUS she got married to one of the first responders who saved her life (aww). Anyway she’s my age and we have a lot of mutual friends and went to the same college

BirdPerson likes this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I never realized just how graphic Forensic Files gets. They pretty much show full unedited crime scene photos.

the middle one, was that the kid who drove from RIT on the thruway back to his parents house in full view of millions of cameras, used the alarm code to get in so that eliminated strangers, etc? all because he was failing out

and the third one - was that when the guy put the tube of blood in his own damn arm???

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i remember that case! small world, small world

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. Kiana

Yes to both! FF sometimes blurs out crime scenes and sometimes they don't so I never know what to expect!

8. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i just watched that RIT one a couple days ago. i feel so bad for the dude's mom.

9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Seriously though, I don't know how people get away with murder. There are two cases in NC that still bug me - Jenna Nielsen and Faith Hedgepeth

Also idk how familiar any of you are with the Kathleen Peterson case but there's no doubt in my mind her husband did it

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Question for the masses: Who is your favorite true crime reporter? Mine is Keith Morrison, followed by Josh Mankiewicz. I also like Andrea Canning

11. supernovagirl

honestly that stuff doesn't register much for me. Because I would just watch ID all day long every show blend into each other and that was okay with me. the hosts and stuff have never stuck out to me. but lol those are all dateline people! I do like keith morrison though.

BirdPerson likes this.
  12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i don't like most of the 48 hours people haha

i also really like paula zahn's show

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

For everyone who's listened to the first season of Serial
    and
    For everyone who f'n hates Nancy Grace

well of course she has a show and of course she talks about this case

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

15. Kiana

I watched it the other day in one sitting. Accidentally fell asleep thru some of it, but that wasn't the shows fault! I knew little about the case so it was wild to watch unfold.

supernovagirl and BirdPerson like this.
  16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i remember when it happened but i had no idea how it all turned out
    also the big dude bill looked so much like my ex-wife's new husband it was unsettling at first lol

17. ship90

Trusted

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Robert Stack was awesome.

ship90 likes this.
  19. ship90

Trusted

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Anybody watching Dead North? Miniseries on ID about the disappearance of a guy named Chris Regan

21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

22. ship90

Trusted

I’m really trying to get through The Staircase, but these last few episodes really draaaggg. I get that the crew had really great access to the defense, but it so obviously colors their editing/footage of Michael Peterson that it’s really bothersome.

BirdPerson likes this.
  23. akkeri

Has anyone read Vulgar Favors, which was turned into American Crime Story: Gianni Versace? This case fascinates me, partly because it happened when I was 11/12, so I'm too young to remember it but remember some other things that happened around the same time (e.g. Princess Diana dying). I'm also keen to gain more psychological insight into how Cunanen's sexuality affected his actions, if at all.

Any other Cunanen recs appreciated, too.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

25. Kiana

I know I've posted about this in other threads, but wow lots of ppl I enjoy have recommended last podcast on the left and I do not like it. They're so obnoxious and not very funny. I need a new true crime podcast.

theagentcoma likes this.