Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Top Albums of 2018 (So Far) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Blaming you for not participating probably. :crylaugh:

Aaron Mook, Connor and popdisaster00 like this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Why isn’t _____ on here?

3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Lacking Kids See Ghosts on all these lists.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm actually really surprised to see Arctic Monkeys on only one list

paythetab likes this.
  5. honestly if i recreated my list today it'd probably be on there

6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Black Foxxes - yes, and i enjoy it, but tend to forget about / that it was released this year.

Void Ripper i'll have to check out tonight. never heard of it / Animal Flag before.

7. AshlandATeam Jul 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2018)
    AshlandATeam

Trusted

Haven't seen much conversation about it, but the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' new record is their best since 'Let's Face It' (and I'm a huge fan of their work the last twenty years; this one is just that good). So if you're into that sort of thing, there's that. Also, Cary Brothers' new one - after like 8 years away - is super good.

This year I've mainly been looking to feel good records from older folks who've been with me a long time. And those two definitely fit the bill, along with Sleepwalkers.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  8. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Absolutely love the new Lord Huron record, especially after finding the second one a little underwhelming, vide noir is everything I never knew I wanted from them. Stoked to see Janelle Monae on a list or two. Still need to spend more time with the new Hop Along, Painted Shut is one of my all time favorite records. It's been a good year so far!

JRGComedy and paythetab like this.
  9. isarealboy

Love to see Erase Me getting some acclaim. Was hoping to see Teenage Wrist - seeing them play back to back with Pianos Become The Teeth last month was a revelation.

teebs41 and disambigujason like this.
  10. bloodinthesand

Regular

Pianos become the teeth is the only good album on this list

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

lol

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  12. Sigh.

You can choose to be that person or not ... it's a choice.

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Glad to see Sister Cities on there. One of the best albums I have heard in the last decade and a big market for the genre. Love all the albums that made the list, tho. Will have to get on the Spanish Love Songs train.

Butinsmallsteps and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Also, totally check out new stuff you haven't heard theres's some great stuff on this list!

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Brian Fallon should have been number, and was. That’s always nice to see.

Also, very happy to see The Republic of Wolves crack this list. For me, Shrine is much higher, but I think makingbon there is an important thing for this band and their fans.

Glad ap.net still does these.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I guarantee you this person hasn’t heard every album on this list.

17. I see what you did there.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  18. Eclipse

Regular

Great list! My only wish would have been for more Janelle Monae love but there's so much good stuff out in the past few months. Almost everything on Zac Djamoos list that I've already heard I've really loved so I should check out the ones I haven't that were listed on that one (among others!)

I don't know if this is just very awesome year for music or if it's always been kicking and I'm just more exposed to it and have an easier time finding a wide array of music to listen to. both by being more social and being exposed to many different styles and it happening naturally the older you get, and with technology/social media and all making it more accessible not just to listen but to know its out there. I can't really give any like, solid answer to that because I am only 18 so as far back as I remember I could at least youtube something if I wanted to know what it sounded like.

Mary V and Zac Djamoos like this.
  19. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Some of my personal favorites not on the main list:

First Aid Kit - Ruins
    Van William - Countries
    Hussey - Hitchens
    MGMT - Little Dark Age
    Rainbow Kitten Surprise- How To: Friend, Love, Freefall
    Dr. Dog - Critical Equation
    Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel
    Vacationer - Mindset
    Nine Inch Nails - Bad Witch
    Beach House - 7

I really like this year so far.

mercury and tyramail like this.
  20. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Too hard for me to narrow this down right now but I would say 3 most favorite, in no particular order, are: Now, Now - Saved, Punchline -LION, Tiny Moving Parts - Swell

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Strictly out of habit. Wouldn’t have even noticed until you pointed it out to me. I’ll correct myself.

I’m glad chorus does these lists. Kinda fun as a read, and may introduce people to new artists/bands.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I think I listen to a lot of music and then I look at these lists and realize I haven't listened to half or more....I have some catching up to do and gotta think about what's on my list. My AOTY so far is definitely Expectations by Hayley Kiyoko.

So glad to see some love for Camp Cope btw!

Eclipse and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm surprised to see it on anyone's list...

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  24. Some of the more recent albums I’ve barely had time to listen to, that’s one of them.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s weird, it was very well received

ComedownMachine likes this.