Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 89

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Long live Club Cool!

Sean Murphy, Matt and GrantCloud like this.
  2. BEVERLY!

Sean Murphy and Matt like this.
  3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This is good

4. oncenowagain

9444CCBC-7812-4CE2-8F00-A33F91184ED5.jpeg

If Disney can relax their standards on this archaic bullshit, every other company should be able to follow suit.

5. Matt

Thanks for the rec on those shorts. I just got my first pair yesterday and after wearing them for a few hours, I'm going to buy two more for this summer

colorlesscliche likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I bought two myself, they're very nice. I think they'll be great for summer and a Disney trip. I also like that it has a button pocket and zipper pocket (for Disney).

I'd like to see darker colors and not the softer ones they have. What'd you end up getting? I got grey and khaki.

7. Matt

That zipper pocket will be perfect to make sure I don’t lose my phone on the rides. I went with the dark blue and will probably get khaki next

8. only took 5 hours but got our tickets and park reservations for Disneyland and California Adventure!

Matt likes this.
  9. Matt

The replies to this are about what I expected...

10. ugh of course. any word on whether this is based on what Gullermo del Toro was supposedly working on? While I always loved the idea of that it mostly frustrated me because it seems he's always "going" to work on something that never pans out and it bummed me out that a new Haunted Mansion film would be tied up in development for eternity. Doesn't matter to me either way but would be cool if this were a collaboration based on things he might have already developed.

oncenowagain likes this.
  11. oncenowagain

I see what you did there

David Parke and DaveyA89 like this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Another Sky Liner accident today.

13. Matt

At least no one was on it this time. They were back up and operating later that night, which is a good sign.

14. Matt

WOOOOO

15. Matt

It’s great when the entire internet collectively dunks on a bad and racist take

David Parke, Brent and oncenowagain like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i just read that. got as far as the "i'm a conservative republican and a christian" line and knew all i needed to know to stop reading lol

David Parke, Brent and Matt like this.
  17. Matt

almost 10k quote tweets on that article, wild

Brent likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i also love the boomer line of thought that calling something 'woke' is now somehow an insult? lol

David Parke likes this.
  19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I love Splash Mountain, I totally get why it needs to go and am so excited for that re-imagining. It’ll be super sweet if they can prevent it from breaking down as much as the original too!

20. wade

*DX CHOP*

We currently have two rooms booked for our trip next month. One room is in Destino Tower, and the other room is one of the dumb pirate rooms at caribbean. Obviously the Destino tower rooms are nicer, but the pirate room is right next to a skyliner station. This is one of the biggest first world problems I’ve ever had.

21. Matt

#TeamSkylinerAccess

oncenowagain likes this.
  22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Skyliner is a must

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. wade

*DX CHOP*

Yeah the skyliner access is big. I’ve never stayed at caribbean or coranado so I’m excited for a new resort either way, but we also haven’t been since a couple months before the skyliner opened so I need to experience that as well.

24. Matt

I grew up staying at Caribbean but haven't been since the early 2000s. I think they recently refurbished a lot of it.

25. oncenowagain

Awesome

Now do the Railroad dammit

Brent likes this.