Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 77

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh philharmagic :heart:

oncenowagain likes this.
  2. I can’t tell your tone here, haha. Love the show. They opened it at DCA late last year and I was so happy. However, I seemed to be the only one. It was a ghost town even opening weekend. Zero interest from locals that might not know what it is or that it’s even there. The queue faces an odd direction in the park. Nothing has done well in that spot.

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I absolutely love philharmagic hahah

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah philharmagic is super underrated. It’s a perfect little thing.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

I am going to Animal Kingdom on Thursday and Hollywood Studios on Friday. I think I can do all of Animal Kingdom in three hours but Hollywood Studios is going to be complicated.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

Most of Hollywood Studios is new since the last time I went there. The Rise of the Resistance Ride is incredible, and it might overall be the best park right now. I did everything except the Aerosmith ride with more than two hours to spare, but it was the busiest of the four parks by far and it would be a miserable experience under normal circumstances.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

wanting to re-watch the defunctland seasons

oncenowagain, Brent and Matt like this.
  8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

It's a good morning to listen to Epcot entrance music

9. CobraKidJon

It’s a good morning to watch all of defunctland

oncenowagain and Matt like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my wife and one of her best friends registered for the Star Wars half marathon disney run in April - so - assuming all things remain at least the same, i’m headed back to wdw in april. A littttttle too early to get excited (in terms of not knowing if the event ends up happening or not) but, nice to at least have a plan.

oncenowagain and Kyle Max like this.
  11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

had one on the books for November but it was cancelled. Trip is still booked, but I just can’t see things turning around before then. I’m sure that will get postponed too.

12. CobraKidJon

podcast the ride reminded me how goat the water world stunt show is

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. Mason

Regular

Has anyone been to Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay (water park)? Might try going next month. Figured between COVID and school season starting up, it might not be very crowded.

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I went the first year it opened. Not big on water parks in general, but it was fun. The roller coaster is real neat, the two tube slides attached to the volcano are real good. But that drop slide was awful. You lose basically all your senses at once and I thought I was going to die. You can't see because water is everywhere, and it's dark. You can't breathe, again, because there is water everywhere. When you go down you have to cross you arms and legs so you can't really move either. It was a lot.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

The river rapids at Volcano Bay are so fun.

16. CobraKidJon

I watched a history of universal studios Florida and I got sad at all the classic rides gone

oncenowagain likes this.
  17. This is so good.

Matt and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

Probably the worst part about Universal. With a few exceptions everything from my childhood at Magic Kingdom is still there.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

universal changed for the worse IMO - i guess theyll always be able to draw with harry potter, but i have like a 0% desire to ever go back there.

20. Morrissey

Trusted

The reliance on screens is the biggest downside to Universal, especially now that you fog up your 3D glasses with a mask.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

How the frick is there not a Harry Potter hotel ?

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Man, maybe I’m weird, but I much prefer Universal’s rides to Disney. Don’t get me wrong, I love plenty of Disney offerings too, but I’ll take Universal any day.

Mason likes this.
  23. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have annual passes to Universal (mainly because they’re way cheaper than Disney) and I do agree the simulators or rides with screens is just becoming too much. The Fast & The Furious ride blows. The new King Kong ride also blows. I get the technology is great, but I’d rather have new roller coasters or something completely different. Luckily I see they’re building a new coaster in Jurassic Park.

24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Also tomorrow I’m going to Disney. Figured it’s been dead there and I honesty just want to do Star Wars. This is my first time going to Disney since 1998. I’m excited and nervous with COVID going strong here in Florida.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I like KK! Queue is cold, in the shade, ride is neat, KK at the end is awesome. F&F is awful though. Mummy, Rip Ride, Hulk, Hagrid.. they have a good amount of coasters.

LessThanTrevor likes this.