Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 76

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

I'm a huge wimp. I will only ride Space Mountain or The Mummy under enormous peer pressure.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. eight30

Regular

Haha I love that. I have grown to love space mountain and the mummy is fine but please don’t put me upside down. I wish I was brave because this one looks cool.

333 GANG likes this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I love 'em all. The scarier the better!

333 GANG likes this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

People always think I'm being ironic or sarcastic when I tell them my favorite ride is It's a Small World.

Professor Plumbob, 333 GANG and Brent like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I was the same way with anything that went upside down until one day I just forced myself to get over it. Started with Scorpion (one loop) at Busch Gardens Tampa and haven’t looked back. I was shocked at how much I loved it haha

6. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I need to get over my coaster fear

333 GANG likes this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My family went on Rock N Rollercoaster when it opened without knowing it went upside down, so between that and the launch I was good to go on anything from that point forward

333 GANG likes this.
  8. Matt

Plus I grew up with this five minutes from my house

15BFA01A-06C6-441D-9C52-07BA1DF24689.jpeg

Professor Plumbob and 333 GANG like this.
  9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I know it's not, but it looks a lot like Millennium Force.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

The Woody Woodpecker and Hippogriff rollercoasters are too fast for me most days. It just feels like you are careening toward your death.

12. Matt

I worked on it for a season when I was 16 and it was so much fun

13. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

For the best, but still gutted when I read this. It honestly hadn’t even occurred to me that I likely wouldn’t be going this year.

:brokenheart:

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. Morrissey

Trusted

I get a free Halloween Horror Nights ticket with my annual pass. I wonder if they will give us any compensation.

15. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

In the twitter replies, someone who said they spoke with a rep communicated that they haven't decided how to proceed with that yet

16. eight30

Regular

Yeah it’s a bummer but better that it’s canceled because I don’t know if I’d feel okay going any way. Things don’t seem to be getting better here.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, what? Is that one of the higher tier APs?

18. Morrissey

Trusted

Premiere, the best one.

A lot of the reasons to buy a premiere ticket are gone now. No more valet and since the parks close so early the express pass after 4 p.m. is less useful, even though most rides are a walk-on now.

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea, I’m not expecting my local
    Haunted houses to operate this year...indoor confined spaces and all that.

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Superman? Where? We have one at Darien Lake near Buffalo. I rode it once when I was younger ; the drops were terrifying. I hate that feeling of falling haha. But the big turns were fun.

21. Morrissey

Trusted

The new Beauty and the Beast singalong at Epcot is not good. It is a shame because the France movie is probably the best one there.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Impressions de France is one of my favorite "rides" in all of WDW. the music, scenes, and overall aesthetic of it is stellar. nobody ever agrees with me on this lol i will absolutely miss it.

David Parke likes this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

I guess they alternate the movies now. At night it is Impressions de France but during the day it is Beauty and the Beast.

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Oh ok, i thought it was gone permanently hah

25. Morrissey

Trusted

I wanted to see if I could do everything at Magic Kingdom yesterday. A few things were down (Splash Mountain, Monsters Inc., the railroad, and the People Mover), and I skipped the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, Tom Sawyer's Island, the Tomorrowland Speedway, and the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel. I had over an hour left when I decided to leave, so I could have probably done all of those and saved the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for last because that ended up eating up a huge chunk of time when they shut down the ride for cleaning. A major storm caused me to wait for the Astro Orbiter too long and extended my wait for Space Mountain. I also fell getting out of the teacups which was one of the most embarrassing things to occur. I also hit the Hall of Presidents and Philharmagic right after a show started, which slowed me down.

SteveLikesMusic and Sean Murphy like this.