Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 74

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Go off king

2. Morrissey

Trusted

The Bourne Stuntacular was really impressive. It broke in the middle of our showing, but grand openings come with those expectations.

Matt likes this.
  3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I’ve heard it’s incredible, a game changer

4. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Honestly it wasn’t even on my radar that it would be opening anytime soon lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Sean Murphy and oncenowagain like this.
  6. Morrissey

Trusted

It is much more immersive than the Terminator show that used to be in that space. There are times where cars are on the screen and they raise real ones from the floor and you don't even notice the switch until it is complete.

I will always have nostalgia for the Terminator show, but this one feels really impressive. It is probably the best show in either park now.

7. Matt

T2:3D was stressful to me as a kid but I loved doing it

8. Matt

Do enough people listen to Podcast The Ride for me to make its own thread on here?

victoriamarie, oncenowagain and alina like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if there was a thread for active discussion, it might make me listen to it more

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

People make threads for things that get like 20 total posts. I’m sure the good boys can create more traffic than that.

GrantCloud and Sean Murphy like this.
  11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’ve never listened and there’s... a lot of them, haha. Any consensus on great ones to listen to? I just can’t see myself binging all of them.

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They're all pretty great, and they go into the weeds on some of them, but I'd just listen to ones of rides you've been to, or interested in. Guests are another factor. If you like Doughboys Nick does a review of a parking garage, so there's that.

But there's some they review like Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland specific ones (GOTG drop tower, etc.). They did a huge Downtown Disney one that spanned over many many episodes, didn't bother with any of those either.

13. Matt

oncenowagain likes this.
  14. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

City Walk Saga

Matt likes this.
  15. Matt

I find myself going back to the Living With the Land episode from earlier this year, it's a fun one

16. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

I started with the episodes on rides I was interested in and then got further into the weeds from there! They did a more recent one on Peter Pan’s Flight that was really good

17. Matt

This looks so good

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

what i would give to be able to ride LWTL right now

victoriamarie likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

I rode Storm Force Accelatron at Islands of Adventure for the first time today. I had no idea I would want to throw up for an hour afterward.

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hate that ride.

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

One of two rides that have ever made me feel sick. That, and the swinging boat/ship ride at Busch Gardens Tampa. Fuck that ride.

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Ok cmon the pirate ship is like a staple lol
    Not even close to being unique to Busch gardens hahah it’s just a classic carnival ride

23. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Always afraid I was going to fall out. Not enough seatbelts for me

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Oh I know, I’ve been on plenty of them at different parks, but there was something about the slow speed at which that one went up and how long it hung you upside down that made me feel horrific lol

Is it even still there? I just looked at the website and couldn’t find it, but maybe they just don’t list it.

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I understand that. It’s part of the thrill baybee

Oh true I never got that feeling (that it was different) but you’re prob right
    I’m not sure tbh. I haven’t been in like 5 years, I feel like that place is unrecognizable to me now sadly

333 GANG likes this.