Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

but when legoland opening though

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

oncenowagain and Sean Murphy like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

5331FD3E-2090-4F3F-9C8E-49BED82A18B6.jpeg

NEVER CHANGE ITTTTTT

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this account remains undefeated

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I just tried rly hard to think of another blue disney character lol

shoulda said genie

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Universal was an interesting experience. Even with all of the precautions, you walk on pretty much every ride but Hagrid.

8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Disneyland has postponed its opening. Good idea.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Not shocked if florida does it too, 5600 new cases just reported yesterday.

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

Other than Volcano Bay, Universal has been dead, especially on the weekdays. I just wish they had their typical late summer hours. It is unreasonable to be outside in Florida before 5 p.m.

12. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Reading that the only reason DL is delayed is bc state government has yet approve theme park reopening, has nothing to do (they say) with spikes. So if thats the case Floridas hand wont be forced because they were approved weeks ago.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

State approved it... unions are the ones fighting this.

15. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

I definitely don't see them stopping the WDW reopening with all the work they've put into it so far and the parks pass reservation system rolling out

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That doesn't make sense. People had reservations before Covid and they cancelled... not wanting to keep people safe because they put out a new reservation system sounds a bit ridiculous.

alina likes this.
  17. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

I'm not saying I in any way agree with it lol I just don't seem them as a corporation doing the right thing here unless the state forces them to not open

18. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Florida will never do that lol Disney shut down before the state was even thinking about closing businesses

victoriamarie likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it seems like a selfish thought because theres so much more important going on right now but i really hope that this doesnt completely ruin what they probably have planned for the 50th anniv. next year. who knows how long these new restrictions/procedures will be in effect. we were planning to get down there at least 2-3 times next year, my wife wants to run one of the races in the spring, and i think we were planning on taking a longer trip late summer/fall.

20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I have some complicated feelings

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this seemed inevitable but i am not happy about it

22. oncenowagain

Was just talking to my wife about them potentially retheming this ride (and weirdly enough, when we were thinking of what properties could replace it, she was thinking Princess and the Frog).

I told her that it’s probably my favorite Disney ride, but when I dissected it, I realized that it’s simply because of the length and the presence of so many animatronics. If they preserve these things, but add a much more tasteful story, it’s still going to be one of the best things on property.

Of course, there’s that whole taboo among the Disney loyalists that feel apprehensive about too much Disney IP taking over classic attractions, but this seems like one of those exceptions where it was long overdue.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I understand the why - but, idk, this was probably my favorite ride, it'll be very hard to see it go/get re-done.

24. oncenowagain

Oh I’m torn too. Like, I’m gonna miss it. I’ll miss the anthropomorphic characters and the music. But my favorite qualities really are that you get a lot of bang for your buck in terms of length of ride and impressive robotics. That’s where I can kind of let other personal connections to it take a backseat. But that’s just me.

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Slightly sad I never rode the original, but I loved the Frozen remodel so I’m all for this. And yeah a bad look for Disney purists lol