Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 68

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

:facepalm2: 51C2DD35-EF8E-4B9D-806B-D85DEFFF19D8.png

oncenowagain and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

pretty sure that's official from Disney's re-opening plan submitted to the Florida economic task force space force whatever today

just read it as well on Disney Tourist Blog

[​IMG]

supernovagirl and GrantCloud like this.
  4. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Realllllly interested to see how their online reservation system is going to work..... priority to those with resort hotel reservations and AP holders? Does it eliminate park hopping? Glad I’m not the one in charge of figuring all this out.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

My immediate guess is that they will prioritize people who have had reservations longer. I could see them still cancelling July reservations for people who might have only made them in April/May - and keeping those who made them say last year.

I don't quite think you can eliminate park hopping, but you can limit capacity, making it harder to do.

I saw a tweet that says there will be 'relaxation zones' in every park where people can safely take off masks. Ironically enough those will likely be the places you'll least want to take off your mask, due to how crowded they'll become lol

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I could also see them making fast passes more widely available, to try to curb how many people are lining up for rides. I doubt they go the virtual queue (ie Rise of Resistance) for all the rides, but maybe larger ticket rides could see more virtual queueing during peak times of the day.

7. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

if you have to make a reservation for park entry in advance though I could see it getting really tricky in terms of how many parks you can reserve in advance/people getting mad if they can only make one reservation per day.

and yeah the relaxation zones are a complete joke, no way that works how they think it will

Sean Murphy likes this.
  8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Still wild to think that Universal Florida parks will open in a week. What in the world...

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

everyone on this disney group i'm in on FB is like, mad that Disney is "letting universal win" by opening up first lol

bob iger gonna sit back with a cocktail and watch all the ways universal fucks it up, and learn how to make WDW better upon their re-opening. it's so much better for WDW that there's another park more eager to open the gates lol

10. oncenowagain

Damn, they get me

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and thats not to say universal is inferior and would fuck it up on pure stupidity, but things will go wrong and it's better for WDW to see someone else stumble first, since they're such a larger operation.

12. oncenowagain

Yeah, racing against universal just to be the first one, even if they aren’t fully prepared, is just a recipe for disaster. The optics of Disney failing spectacularly is way more damaging to them than if Universal takes some wrong steps during their reopening.

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

lets go bro

oncenowagain likes this.
  14. oncenowagain

I’m very hesitant to even entertain the idea of going this summer. It helps my mental state to just pretend they aren’t even opening lol

Sean Murphy and GrantCloud like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I had a coworker tell me he went to the bar this weekend (in Wisconsin) and I’m just like “please don’t come near me” lol

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, we are currently toying with the idea of a christmas/new years trip (always wanted to do drinking at epcot on NYE) - but like, it's a huge maybe and will be spending the next months very carefully monitoring the situation lol

oncenowagain and GrantCloud like this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

no you can’t hang with @oncenowagain and I

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

19. oncenowagain

Epcot on NYE was supposed to be our plan for last year but things fell through. Really regretting it now. Although, it always looks mad packed from the videos I’ve seen.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. supernovagirl

Yeah you literally couldn’t pay me to go to a theme park on a holiday lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. oncenowagain

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Honestly wish they were waiting until like September to reopen but whatever, let’s see what happens.

23. supernovagirl

oncenowagain and GrantCloud like this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

Back when I had a Disney annual pass I accidentally went during Veteran's Day three day weekend. You can't even move.

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've been on Thanksgiving before and it's rough