Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

That is...good

2. It’s not nearly enough time at the parks on a weekend in April to do anything. That’s just me. I love wandering around Disneyland with no plan and seeing different things at different times of day, etc. plus it’s nowhere near anything worth seeing in LA to plan to do the park AND anything else in LA in a day. Again, just me, but I’d be stressing all day to try to get to the next thing if that were my itinerary. If you’re just going to hang with friends, should be fine I guess. But then you mention hoping to do RotR and that, at the moment, seems to require so much planning and coordination - what if your boarding group isn’t until the evening? Are you willing to scrap your LA plans? I think you’ll have a blast either way, just my .02¢

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

As far as RotR goes, for sure. And I didn't realize how far removed Disney is from everything else, so yeah, adjustments might need to be made. Definitely doing Howlin Rays, but might just keep everything else local to avoid driving an hour to LA.

David Parke likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be okay with never riding Slinky Dog again in my life.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Man, i loved Slinky Dog haha - waaay more than i liked/like Seven Dwarfs Minetrain

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Seven Dwarf is a must ride, my oldest kid loves it, too... but even she was meh after Slinky Dog.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the official confirmation

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

We’re still a ways away, but I can’t wait for Epic Universe.

9. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Rise of the Resistance is great. Finally, WDW has a ride that matches the innovation and scale that people have expected of them ever since the newer parks around the world have been on the forefront of creating really ambitious rides.

David Parke and Brent like this.
  10. oncenowagain Jan 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2020)
    oncenowagain

So when I first got on Rise with my daughter, it broke down maybe a third of the way through and we had to disembark through a backstage area. I captured this photo of something that we will not likely see or have any practical use any time soon

9B00E1B8-ED77-4C61-9B7E-3AA4AF510BAE.jpeg

It was cool that they scanned our bands beyond this point so we could go back about 30 mins later when it was running perfectly again.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

upload_2020-1-29_13-45-9.png

October 9-11
    Jurassic World comes to life against a backdrop of captivating scenery where dinosaurs from the iconic franchise, including fan-favorite Velociraptor Blue and a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than 40 feet in length, take center stage. The production features more than 20 film-accurate, life-sized dinosaurs.

Jurassic World's unmistakable score adds to the larger-than-life, immersive journey that will captivate fans of all ages. Through a combination of projection and practical scenery, the arena will transform into the dense jungles of Isla Nublar, where real Gyrospheres roll through the valley and scientists work to unravel a corrupt plan and save an all-new dinosaur from a terrible fate. With pulse-pounding stunts and an original, authentic storyline, this show is guaranteed to make memories that will last another 65 million years.

12. CobraKidJon

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  13. Headed to Disneyland early today to attempt to get on RotR. Wish me luck!

oncenowagain and victoriamarie like this.
  14. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Get a picture of how scary the crowd is! Hope you make it on!

David Parke likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i saw an ad for this and i just thought why

GrantCloud likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

why not murph

oncenowagain likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

18. In a good spot at Mickey and friends. Waiting to open. Line goes pretty much out the structure already though.
    image.jpg

oncenowagain likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

that Jurassic world thing is right up my alley

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. Lots of people here. On Main Street now ready to refresh the app like crazy.

oncenowagain and Sean Murphy like this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Godspeed

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  22. Group 99 :/

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. oncenowagain Jan 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2020)
    oncenowagain

Seeing them test this in the Imagineering story gave me legit chills

David Parke likes this.
  24. 32 more groups until we get to ride! I can almost taste it? (Worried it’s not gonna happen but a cast member said they’ve been getting into the hundreds lately)

oncenowagain likes this.
  25. oncenowagain

I think anything after the 120s is a reserve group in FL right now.