Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What is it?

2. starts on that planet next to Endor with the crashed Death Star wreckage, then you leave and get a transmission from lando that was shot just for the ride, then you go to Exogol and help the resistance fighters take down all the star destroyers. The Star speeder uses a new weapon in that scene and you wind up back at the original space port you depart from and Rex starts coming at the ship all pissed off at c3po for taking it. Super fun. Wish you could see the resistance fighters in R2’s screen during the battle. Also never saw the mighty microscope but it’s likely there somewhere.

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Dang, sounds awesome! Is the first one the water planet we see from the new movie?

EDIT: There's no way to know what planet you're getting before the ride starts,right?

David Parke likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Every ride starts and ends pretty much the same way but the middle parts (the 2-3 planets you visit) are randomized.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Before this, last one was Crait, right? That one rules. I remember that and Naboo. I don't know which others I've done. There's what, 6 now?

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They taught a trick on how to be the rebel spy on a Podcast The Ride episode. I tried it and it worked lol

sit still as soon as you get to your seat and face front until it starts

David Parke likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

theyve added new ones for each new movie thats come out, Jakku Chase, Crait Battle, and Exegol/Endor are all part of it now, before that theres Naboo/Gungan City, Hoth, Battle over Corruscant, and a generic space/star destroyer battle.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my cousins are waiting to ride the Star Wars ride at Disneyland and I’m just like it’s not worth it especially if you guys are already annual pass holders

David Parke likes this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Which ride? I think they're all worth it!

Brent likes this.
  10. Matt

going on opening day sounds awful, hopefully they even get to ride it

11. Matt

Lol

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i expect that sign will get a lot of use in the coming weeks/months

13. Pretty sure with each film the scenes have changed and remained the same for a long while before they started randomizing it. The open, transmission, and endings seemed to be randomized but that’s about it. I can’t wait for it all to start shuffling like crazy. Disneyland was a damn dream yesterday! (Calm before the storm for sure!)

14. Yes that’s the one I meant *

15. Matt

apparently it was completely booked within 45 SECONDS

16. CobraKidJon

17. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

They still get completely booked within 1 and 1 1/2 minutes at Hollywood Studios on most days. It’s wild

18. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

D442B543-D9D0-48D0-9CE5-54E6F01EAA6B.jpeg

[​IMG]

19. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Got to ride Rise of the Resistance at Disney World the other day and really enjoyed it. Had no clue how the fast pass/reservation system worked but my friend who has an annual pass had gotten there at 7am to get a spot and at 530pm when it was time for his boarding group I went with him and the employee let me go along. Not saying that will work every time but you never know?

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Went to Disney World and Universal this last week. Most parks were completely empty except Hollywood Studios on Sunday. Only ride I wasn’t able to get on was Rise of the Resistance. Pretty bummed

supernovagirl and Brent like this.
  21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Ugh lucky!!
    I made tentative plans with my ex to go next month!!! I’m so excited

22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Heading back to Disney World in November for a week. Really excited to see all the new stuff that’s opened. If anyone needs me i’ll be in Trader Sam’s.

Matt and Sean Murphy like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Love Trader Sam's haha

24. Sean Murphy Jan 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2020)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'drinking in disney world' is always such a hot button topic on the boards/forums i frequent, but there are SO many fantastic little hole in the wall bars/lounges in the resorts that we always try to visit when we go.

25. CobraKidJon

I remember listening to a podcast with someone just talking to one of the people that were involved with Trader Sam's and it made me want to go there so bad.