Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The lightsaber show is so damn good, I had goosebumps.

David Parke and Matt like this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Disney dropped the Florida resident deal and I’m so ready to go on one last visit before I move away

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Going back to WDW for the first time since 1999(!) with my fiancé the first week of March and I couldn't be more pumped! She's a huge Star Wars fan so I bought her Savi's workshop as a christmas gift then we have a res at Oga's right after, so happy to see people in this thread loved it B-)

We've been saving for this trip for a long while so are prepared to go all out - please proceed to throw all your personal recommendations at me for things that you love doing/seeing/eating/wasting money on at WDW ;-p

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i could literally go on for pages haha

are you there the whole week?

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Make sure you get the sausage and slaw wrap while in GE. Oga's has a two drink max, so make sure you get something you really want.

David Parke and victoriamarie like this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Download the Disney app and make reservations for rides. I think you can do it 30 days in advance? I don't think either SW ride has it yet, but you can do it for Slinky or Toy Story Mania which is next to GE.

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Yep Whole Week!

this is insanely helpful to know, thanks!

We've done the Fast passes already. Waiting to see what the GE situation will be like closer to when we go - we've basically allotted a whole day just for that so we can rope drop for ROR passes if we have to.

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Where are you staying? On resort? If so, I think you can ride the Falcon early, but not ROR.

Are you doing Animal Kingdom? Avatar's main attraction is SO SO good.

victoriamarie likes this.
  9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Ooh hoo hoo I am going to make a list for you

Mrplum5089 and victoriamarie like this.
  10. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Yes to staying on site! Will def look into that

And yes we are doing all the parks - have a day planned in AK. We have a FP reservation for Flight of Passage. Not an Avatar fan by any means, but damn the whole Pandora area LOOKS really cool and pretty and i'm actually excited to see it. Huge kudos to Rohde and team on that.

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully you can see it at night as well. FoP is incredible, even if you aren't an Avatar fan.

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Ugh I miss disney so much. I need to go during the Florida resident deal but ideally before it gets too hot

oncenowagain and victoriamarie like this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Does Disney/Universal (FL) have anything new in 2020??

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

Universal should be opening the Bourne attraction

15. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

We are actually going to be there the week they open a new Mickey and Minnie ride in HS - I think it's called Runaway Railway.

oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I think Epcot is supposed to get the Ratatouille ride in 2020 also

oncenowagain and victoriamarie like this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah, that one looks real cool!

victoriamarie and 333 GANG like this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This episode of Podcast The Ride about Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (an exhausting name) makes me sad that we couldn't ride it on our last trip. The line was consistently over three hours and it was down for maintenance every few hours.

SteveLikesMusic and oncenowagain like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Hoping the Ratatouille ride is open in the fall when we go, also sort of unreasonably excited to try out the new Regal Eagle BBQ/Beer place being opened in the America Pavilion. I'm sure it will be 'Disneys' take on bbq and craft beer, so tempering my expectations, but i'm just so glad to finally see something unique come to that pavilion other than what is essentially a mall food court (which i guess is a pretty darn american thing).

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I could be wrong but I think it’s projected to open this summer.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  21. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I was thinking of driving up to Hollywood Studios to make rope drop for Rise tomorrow, but I think will hold off and go in a couple weeks. I’d have to get up at 4:30 to make the 2 hour drive to even sniff a chance at getting a boarding pass when they open them up by 7:00. Under normal circumstances, I might do it, but it’s marathon weekend which can sometimes make it even more brutally packed in the parks.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I really, REALLY hope RoR has a less wild demand come next fall - I don't expect it to have FP+ availability within it's first year, but, getting up at 3am to wait at the park until opening to get like a 4pm boarding ticket sounds..............just horrible. lol

David Parke likes this.
  23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I’ve watched a few videos and read up on it, and even on weekends it seems like everyone now recommends that you only need to get through security by 6:30 to have a shot. They start letting people into the park then and as long as you’ve scanned you magic band or card by 7:00, you can go to the app to board.

My plan was to leave my house super early with my oldest daughter, get a boarding pass, ride Toy Story (which we have FP for), then head to another park to wait for our boarding group. But I really don’t think I am up for an early rise (heh) after my first week back to work

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i guess it's less of a pain if you're staying on property because worst case you just go back to your hotel and sleep for a few more hours. or you could rope drop 2 parks in one morning which seems like a fun disney-nerd thing to do haha

Brent and David Parke like this.
  25. Dodge725

Trusted

For Rise of the Resistance, they’re doing boarding groups now that open up on the My Disney Experience App at park opening time so you shouldn’t need to get there super early to get into one, just be ready on you phone. You can’t rope drop it as it is only accessible through boarding groups.