Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

So I’ll be in Disney this Friday and Saturday for a previously planned trip and only just realized that it will coincide with the opening of Rise of the Resistance. I’m not getting my hopes up about being able to ride though.

GrantCloud, Mrplum5089 and Brent like this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

west coast racers will only be about 14 months away from opening by that point.

3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Vids are up

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah they ambushed me on twitter this morning i was very caught off guard haha

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Trying SO HARD not to look at anything

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Dude, this new SW experience coming 2021 sounds lit! Can't wait to book it.

Mrplum5089 and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

thinking about how dope the live Waterworld show is.

8. soggytime

Trusted

I'll be in Orlando for a work conference in January. I'll have that Friday free to hit up one of the parks. Might check out the new Hagrid ride at Islands of Adventure since I'll be close to Universal. Although, Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is very tempting as well....

9. Matt

Any luck?

oncenowagain likes this.
  10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Boarding Groups were sold out before the park even opened this morning.
    And the ride broke down again earlier this morning. Not the smoothest of openings!

oncenowagain likes this.
  11. Matt

I'll have to check in with my friend who was part of the opening team, training employees on the ride operation. I'm sure it's absolutely chaotic there this week

oncenowagain likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its gonna be expensive AF. Glad i have a disney rewards credit card lol

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think ride openings are historically never smooth, but folks will still storm social media with virtual pitchforks

quietwords and oncenowagain like this.
  14. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I tried to join a boarding group when I first woke up (while still at home) and they were available, but you have to be in the park to join (makes sense) and they were all gone before long lol

gonna try Sunday morning, cuz we will go to the parks for a half day before heading home

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Oh absolutely, and especially one this ambitious. Didn’t mean to come across like I was bad mouthing.
    I’m not WDW News Today, lol

16. Yo wtf?!

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Really fucked up - made me so mad to read about that

David Parke and oncenowagain like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for anyone who loves the Disney parks and has Disney+, 'The Imagineering Story' is absolute must-watch. We're only about half-way through (6-part mini series, 1 hour episodes) but it is so well done and very, very insightful.

Dodge725, Brent, Mrplum5089 and 4 others like this.
  19. Matt

I hope they do more seasons

20. Matt

Just bought my plane tickets to return to WDW in May B-):verysad:

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

we're waiting for the Not So Scary dates for 2020 to be released in January before we plan, but in the beginning stages of planning our return next fall - much hype

22. Matt

I booked a reservation to make a lightsaber!

5 AM flight to get to Orlando by 8 AM, then I have Oga's for 12:15 and the lighstaber at 1:30

what a day

oncenowagain, alina and Sean Murphy like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

cannot imagine a better day, tbqh.

Matt likes this.
  24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoy it!

This isn't your first time there, is it? I thought you went back in October.

25. Matt

Right we were there in October and wanted to come back in 2020 since Rise of the Resistance wasn't open yet.

We both had enough Southwest points to cover our round trip flights in May. My parents are annual pass holders and since I never updated my address on my license when I moved to an apartment five years ago, technically Disney still thinks I live with them and I was able to upgrade my park hopper in October to an Annual Pass for like $150 (don't tell Bob Iger). I can also get a discount on booking hotels too. Everything kinda worked out perfectly to be able to afford to go back.

supernovagirl likes this.