Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 47

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the corned beef from Food and Wine is to die for

4DE790A6-9320-48CB-917A-71BE6A17F261.jpeg

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

been thinking about butterbeer lately

333 GANG, Brent and oncenowagain like this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

4. CobraKidJon

I love how every Halloween every theme park podcast and YouTube does haunted mansion episodes.

it’s all the same content in each one but I’ll still listen and watch them all.

5. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

333 GANG likes this.
  6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Rode that new Harry Potter ride at Universal in Orlando. Every time I went during the summer the line was like a 7 hour wait (which is ridiculous). It was worth the 45 minute wait now though. Currently it’s my favorite ride there. Rode in the sidecar the first go around and then rode the bike the second time and we got front row. Definitely didn’t expect some things in that ride.

333 GANG and oncenowagain like this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's such a cool ride, rode it four times in one day! Two time in both seats. I did it once at night, which is great. They don't have any lights back there really so it's super dark, but a lot of fun.

333 GANG likes this.
  8. Matt

The line never dropped below 2.5 hours on the one day I was there so we didn't get to ride :(

Hopefully next time I can get there for open and run to it

9. Morrissey

Trusted

I skip that ride every time. I have the premiere pass which means I get unlimited express pass after 4, so I have no tolerance for any sort of line. Halloween Horror Nights was brutal, and I went on a slower night.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My friend, who has a legit medical condition, and I used the assistance pass, so we waited no more than 15 minutes. You go to the line, if it's a 60-90 minute wait, they tell you to come back in an hour, and then you get put in what I assume is the future Express Pass line. It puts you at the queue where the bikes are riding around above you.

Matt likes this.
  11. Matt

My father recently has had some recent medical issues that prevent him from walking a lot, so he has a disability pass for Disney. We were able to walk onto Smuggler's Run without waiting, which is something I never expected to be able to do. I felt guilty walking by everyone waiting two hours but whatever, at least we weren't exploiting it

David Parke likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That ride rules, I did pilot and engineer. So much fun.

13. Matt

It begins!!

7F29C2A0-A3C2-41AA-8B7D-2FE90F43424C.png

oncenowagain likes this.
  14. I don’t listen to the show but I’ve seen several people bring up this episode. What’s the background on it?

15. Matt

Last year they did a 19 part podcast series about Universal CityWalk Hollywood where they released an episode every day for 19 days in a row and it was amazing. Today is the beginning of a 15 part series on Downtown Disney Anaheim

David Parke likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

planning a magic mountain trip for February and I am pumped

Brent likes this.
  17. Do they do festival of holidays at Epcot? I love it so much at DCA. Basically food and wine booths but for the holidays and no lectures etc like food and wine.

18. simonthebutler

Regular

I am looking at doing 4 parks in 10 days next summer. Already got cedar point and kennywood tickets from their black Friday deals and looking at six flags darien lake and kings island aswell.

David Parke likes this.
  19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Wonder when ride through vids of Rise of Resistance are gonna go up. I wish I had the patience to wait till I ride myself but I know that won’t happen

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i dont think so? i'm not familiar with this, they run food & wine through mid november then begin the Candlelight Processional through new years.

David Parke likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i will not watch a ride thru of that (he says now). I need to contain myself haha, i already know the basic premise of the ride/what happens, but i want to experience it myself for the first time. we are trying to coordinate a Not So Scary Halloween/Food & Wine trip for Fall 2020 so I need to hold out until then.

Matt likes this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Gosh, don't remind me. My buddy and I, the one I go to Disney/Universal/HHN with every year, are trying to schedule time in January to go. I really don't want to look, but I really want to look.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Rise of the Resistance opens in WDW on Thursday - assuming soft openings will be done throughout the week, so if you're interested in ride videos they'll probably be up by end of week.

They've already announced that RotR will not have FP+ accessibility for the near future (unsurprisingly) and will also NOT be available during extra magic hours, which seems like a strategic move to not have people in the parks until 5am lol

Mrplum5089 and oncenowagain like this.
  24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

HOLD UP.

What did you say about magic hours? We stayed on property in September so we got into the park super early (I think like 7am) and was able to do the Falcon ride three times before the park opened. You're saying they aren't letting people in early for RotR?

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Correct - it definitely stinks, but I 100% understand not wanting to have it available for EMH at least in the beginning

No Extra Magic Hours or FastPass+ for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Disney Tourist Blog

oncenowagain likes this.