Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

trying to think of something WDW related for my MNSSHP costume. My friend went recently as Dr. Seeker from Dinosaur with the t-rex hand puppet, which was a great idea

David Parke and oncenowagain like this.
  2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Went the Halloween Horror Nights (Orlando) with my wife and my mom last night and had a great time. This was the first time we’ve ever purchased the express pass and it really was nice to eliminate all that stress of trying to hustle around the park and hit all the houses within that limited time.

I wouldn’t say it was a very busy night, which was awesome, and if we did every house, doubled down on 5 of them, watched the really impressive lagoon show, and rode Gringotts.

3. 333 GANG

ACAB

Which houses were your favorite?

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. oncenowagain

My rankings:

1. Universal Monsters = best balance of scares and cool sets

2. Ghostbusters = not very scary, but probably the most impressive house I’ve seen in a long time; great effects

3. Depths of Fear = probably a skewed opinion due to the fact that, during my second run through this house, we were all alone since it was late in the event and got every single scare the house had to offer; still, the set design and fact that it seemed like Alien/Thing underwater made me a big fan

4. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon = great big Yeti costumes and some cool vertically built sets to make some of the scenes really imposing

5. Graveyard Games/Stranger Things (tie) = Graveyard Games is the scarier house with a traditional haunt feel and great sound design to increase the creepiness; the Stranger Things house, while not super scary (too many still models of characters/creatures), has a few standout “wow” moments with its detailed sets, and the Starcourt Mall scene is the best single scene I think I’ve ever walked through at Horror Nights

supernovagirl and 333 GANG like this.
  5. We went as HM characters: the organist, madame leota, and the caretaker.
    8175EE15-43C8-473A-97FD-665417A606D5.jpeg
    They didn’t let us bring in the organ we made him out of Cardboard and I forgot my scarf :(

Brent, Matt, supernovagirl and 2 others like this.
  6. Morrissey

Trusted

I went to my first Halloween Horror Nights. I had been up since 6 in the morning after two consecutive nights of 4 hours of sleep, so I kind of fell apart after the second house. All in all, though, it was more fun than I was expecting.

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The lagoon show rules, go see it if you're at HHN.

supernovagirl and oncenowagain like this.
  8. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Brent likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

A lot of comments here about how attendance is down at disney because of rising costs (which could be and probably does contribute) but i really just think their plan for the opening of GE backfired on them. Purposely opening the new land with one ride (and not just a ride - THE RIDE) not opened yet was a bad move. I think they assumed theyd be able to maximize attendance by giving ppl a reason to come back, but in turn people are just waiting until everythings open to visit. I think once everythings open in both places, attendance will blow up. For christ sake pandora has been open for like 2.5 years and the average wait for FoP is 120-180 mins throughout the day.

oncenowagain likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

An acquaintance of mine works at Disney and officially offered to get me and my ex in for free

I’m so excited, I get to see Halloween at Disney!!!!! I didn’t think I could afford it anytime soon so I’m grateful for this

333 GANG, Mrplum5089, Matt and 2 others like this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair, Smuggler's Run is an incredible ride.

oncenowagain likes this.
  12. Matt

I have great memories of being a kid and being so excited while watching this in the hotel

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. oncenowagain

I remember this particular edition of their parks programming too well hah

We went to universal a few weeks ago for an overnight and I kept the parks channel on for a while one night and my wife was like “what’re you watching this over and over for” and I told her I like to leave those channels on while doing other things because it really makes it feel like vacation.

Matt likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I don't remember if it was Hulu or Amazon but one of their streaming services has these behind Disney World magic and I am so into those kind of shows.

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. Matt

holy shit

11 days until i'm in disney again for a week

16. oncenowagain

I think the Disney Skyliner is my new favorite ride

GrantCloud and Matt like this.
  17. This view doesn’t get old.
    173F1EE0-5BDE-4032-B97E-DAE1BAA9DD3A.jpeg

18. oncenowagain

I think I jinxed it

19. Matt

I’m still going to ride it if it’s open next week lol. No regrets!

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. oncenowagain

Brent and 333 GANG like this.
  21. oncenowagain

Figured I’d quote myself from the A1 thread where I described my skyliner situation from last night lol.

Thankfully I wasn’t stuck in a car, but my bag with my keys and all my stuff was.

I don’t anticipate that this thing will be up and running again right away. I figure that they will need to take time to evaluate what happened and how to remedy it to prevent this in the future.

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Damnnn timing is everything. Nice of Disney to give the amenities

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

24. oncenowagain

Yeah, as much as people (rightfully) criticize big corporations like Disney, I can’t think of many other companies that would’ve been as accommodating as they were and comped a night at a resort like Saratoga springs for the trouble.

supernovagirl and GrantCloud like this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Gonna be in Orlando early January, is Universal Studios worth it for a day if I'm not a big coasters/harry potter guy?