Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Yeah we went to see the pop-up shop on the second floor

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Details? Or pictures?

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. oncenowagain

My wife has the pictures, but it’s basically a recreation of the couch set with the Christmas lights from season 1, and a small recreation of the scoops ahoy counter with cardboard cutouts of Steve and Robin (with faces cut out so you can put your face in there). The staff takes pictures of you in each of the sets and the couch set has an added surprise happen while sitting there.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

Last Monday was the most enjoyable time I have had at Universal Studios. Because of the hurricane, the place was a ghost town. No wait for any ride other than the new Hagrid rollercoaster.

333 GANG, Brent and David Parke like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s the dream. What did you think of Hagrid? Assuming you rode. Looks like so much fun.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

I didn't do Hagrid. It was still a 90 minute wait. That is a lot shorter than it usually is, but I never wait more than twenty minutes for a ride. I have the premiere pass that lets you on the express line after 4 p.m., so I am very spoiled.

333 GANG likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Ahh, I can understand that! If I had that, I’d do the same thing. I’m also an extremely impatient person though lol

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

One more week to Star Wars @ DW! And HHN! And Hagrid!

333 GANG, oncenowagain and Matt like this.
  9. oncenowagain

My annual passes to Universal expire in October and I probably won’t be able to go again before they do. :/

Really would like to ride Hagrid again, but after the sun goes down.

GrantCloud and 333 GANG like this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Iron Gwazi coming to Busch Gardens Tampa in 2020. Icebreaker coming to SeaWorld Orlando in 2020.

Both look excellent. Can’t wait.

oncenowagain likes this.
  12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I need to go back to Busch Gardens. I was too young to want to ride any of the roller coasters back then. It's been...20 years probably? Oh god I'm old now

oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

You really should! Probably my favorite theme park I’ve ever visited. So much to do.

oncenowagain and Matt like this.
  14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

It’s so wild to think it could be someone’s favorite theme park, but that’s my local privilege talking

In actuality I haven’t been in many years, I just went *so* many times as a youth that it seems not interesting

Also it’s very much not fat-friendly, unlike Disney and to a lesser extent universal.

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. supernovagirl

Although it does make my heart happy to see them coming out with iron gwazi, Rest In Peace original gwazi

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m a bigger guy myself, and the last time I went I was told each roller coaster had a row of seats that didn’t require the restraint to go down as far to lock and were suggested for larger guests. I was much more comfortable in that row than any other.

oncenowagain and supernovagirl like this.
  17. supernovagirl

Yes there are one or two rows per coaster that are bigger but even those don’t fit
    Genuinely last time I tried to ride was when I was like...15 or 16. And I was not even actually “plus size” at that point yet- I just had boobs.
    So its hard for me to see it as possible when that shit has been out of reach for so long. I’ve never come even remotely close to not fitting on a ride at Disney (even when I was at my biggest!). If Disney can do it there’s no excuse for bg being so un-inclusive, in my humble opinion

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Ahh, that’s too bad. I completely agree with you though. I’d love to see this become a focus for BG going forward.

oncenowagain and supernovagirl like this.
  19. supernovagirl

I mean honestly I went from someone who had an annual pass for many years and visited dozens of times per year to someone who hasn’t gone in a decade. Can’t imagine how much money they’ve lost out on from me, just one person. And I know I’m not the only one who was turned away by their lack of inclusivity. So really they are just hurting their bottom line.

20. oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  21. oncenowagain

I get a free annual pass to Busch Gardens for being a teacher but haven’t taken advantage the last two years. Should probably get on that.

22. supernovagirl

You should!
    Honestly they’ve added/updated a lot since I’ve been and I have been curious about it but the other major thing that kept me away is the cost.

I used to think of it as a way cheaper option theme park but in reality they charge the same amount for a one day ticket that Disney does. I think it’s absurd bc BG is not on Disney’s level at all so if I’m gonna pay that much for a one day ticket somewhere, I’m goin to Disney lol

I don’t know what BG annual pass model looks like these days but 10 years ago it was $70 for an annual pass.

So from what I can tell their one day ticket prices have always been comparable-ish to Disney, but the BG one came with annual pass instead of one day.

Anyway all that to say that because of that there’s no way I could bring myself to pay the money for a one day ticket, and I surely would not go enough to make an annual pass worth it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

333 GANG and Matt like this.
  24. oncenowagain

GrantCloud and 333 GANG like this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not a Guardians/Marvel guy at all, but I can’t wait to see what that ride is all about.