Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

DisTwitter bums me the fuck out sometimes lol ppl can be so negative abt things that are supposed to make us happy lol

David Parke, Brent and 333 GANG like this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Some interesting rumors for the new Universal park on Screamscape today... an open hub to anyone.

Epic Universe

333 GANG likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Wdnwt doesn’t exist in my head

Brent likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

He blocked me the other day for asking if it was his wife/gf/whatever who posted the comment about how thank God there's Disney parks outside the US when it comes to shootings in America or something along the lines of that. It wasn't even tweeted towards him, or her, just a response to a tweet from someone else who screenshot it.

I met him opening day of Pandora, letting him use my wife's FP for FoP not knowing who he was at the time. Just put up a tweet asking if anyone in the land wanted to use it and he was the first to reply. Found out he had already ridden it almost a dozen times by that point after we rode it.

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Very interesting.

I can’t wait until we start getting some concrete details on this park. So excited.

By the looks of things, you’ve got to assume that huge structure at the back of the Fantastic Beasts world is going to house a Gringotts/Forbidden Journey style ride, which I am 100% okay with.

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

That’s why we call it #DisBitter

David Parke and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

On the Epic Universe concept art, the huge, undeveloped green areas between Nintendo/Monsters and Dragon/Beasts are widely believed to be for future expansions to the park, and most seem to believe the one next to Nintendo would likely be an expansion to Nintendo itself. Thinking about the fact that the park should open with Mario Kart/Donkey Kong/Yoshi and could eventually be home to Pokémon or Zelda (or both) is getting me ridiculously excited lol

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like there will be more than 1 show at HHN this year.

oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  9. Matt

Ahhhhhh

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

$330!? :embarrassed:

Granted I've never owned a Lego set that big, but I don't think Legos ever cost that much.

11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Definitely not unheard of for LEGO sets, especially sets based on Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. Equivalent sets go for about as much.

This Star Destroyer is going for $160 for 1416 pieces. (11 cents per piece)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G5NN5W/?tag=absolutepunk-20

The Disney Railroad is $330 for 2925 pieces. (11 cents per piece)

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hitting all 3 piers in Wildwood NJ tonight. Not the widest variety of rides but some goodies.

sophos34 likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i went to raging rivers water park last week and i went to ocean oasis last year. havent done any of the non water stuff there though. i have in ocean city however

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m really excited for HHN this year especially the Us house. Although it’s truly insane that they charge almost double the ticket price for an express pass. It’s legit cheaper for me to go a second time lol even after factoring in gas and parking.

333 GANG likes this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

The express pass is definitely expensive, but honestly, after having it last year (my first time ever attending), I can’t imagine ever going without it. Some of those lines were INSANE. Stranger Things was three hours long. My brother and I waited five minutes.

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. supernovagirl

Like honestly yeah it sounds like an amazing luxury but just that, a luxury haha. I physically can’t bring myself to pay that much. That’s literally a one day ticket to Disney! I’d rather go to Disney for a whole day than skip a few lines for one night at HHN.

What day of the week did you go? I would be going on a Wednesday.
    Last year when I went on a weekday it was eh. I waited for I think more than an hour for stranger things last year and feel it was worth it but unless they majorly updated it this year for the new season, I’m okay skipping it this year. Also last year my ex and I succumbed to the “doesn’t going home to our bed sound so much better rn?” lol so we left early. If I actually stayed later and picked the most important houses, I think it’d be fine. And If I don’t hit everything in one night that’s just another excuse to come back and experience it all over again so, not rly a “lose”.

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  17. supernovagirl

Should also say I would never wait even 2 hours for a house haha like an hour and a half is my max
    Also the first time I went to HHN someone gave us their half used express passes on their way out so I definitely can appreciate how amazing skipping the line is haha don’t get me wrong.

333 GANG likes this.
  18. 333 GANG

ACAB

We actually went on Halloween night, which I believe fell on a Wednesday last year. The park was fairly busy, but I don’t believe it was sold out.

Yeah, I can understand all that. The cost is definitely a tough pill to swallow for what you get. I think the value in it just comes down to how patient of a person you are. I have no problem admitting I’m an extremely inpatient person and absolutely HATE waiting in any line. I get super restless, hate standing mostly still (or even standing up) for long periods of time, etc. So for me, the cost was almost irrelevant. If I’m going, I’m paying it. But for anyone with more patience than me, I can definitely understand how it’s an unnecessary luxury.

That being said, we only get out to Orlando once every few years, so it was super nice being able to do every maze (a couple of them twice), go on every open ride (doubled up on a few of those also), take our time exploring all the scare zones, and stop for food and drink more than once, and still be out of there an hour and a half or so before the park closed.

The moral of this longwinded story is, I just fucking love HHN lol

19. supernovagirl

yeah that definitely sounds nice!! and haha that second paragraph honestly resonates with me and I was saying the same things basically until I literally went to look at prices. I thought they were around the same price as a ticket, which I could swallow. But when I realized its the price of a ticket to Disney I was like yeah no I'm going to disney if I'm spending that kinda money haha

333 GANG likes this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Understandable! Haha if they even knocked $20 off the price of the express it would be far better value, I think.

21. supernovagirl

omg ok I actually just went to look at prices *again* and realized that the price of the express pass fluctuates the same way ticket prices do.
    So like the cheapest it is is $90. which is still a bit high IMO (like I said, if it was closer to the ticket price, which is like $67 on a cheap night...). And the night that I was looking at going its $109...which was the price that made me say fuck no. But then there are nights that it is as expensive as $160!! I physically couldnt bring myself to pay $160 for something thats literally half that on a different night. Just go a different night!! lmao. (I know not a logistic answer for everyone, im just sayin my personal feelings on it lol)

333 GANG likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Oh right, I forgot about that! I didn’t realize that was a thing when we were buying ours last year. We paid $90 for ours, but I do remember some others being ~$150, which is insane. I think $90 is the max I would do if I were going again, which would probably be on Halloween night again considering it was a blast being there on my favorite night of the year haha

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going four nights, all with Express Pass. It's $85/day. So for $85 I get to do every house, with little-to-no waiting. I can ride every ride that's open, and have time to sit and enjoy some of the specialty food items along the way.

For me, it's a no brainer.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m actually hitting both of this up today with some of my older nieces and nephews. I haven’t been in a few years so I’m excited to see some of the aesthetic changes. Cliff Dive has always been my favorite even if it is mega-wedgie inducing haha

sophos34 likes this.
  25. Matt

That's $85.00 on top of the regular admission price, right?