Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I waited 20 minutes tops. Only long wait was Superman which was about an hour and the line wasn’t even that long the ride just gives so few rides per hour because the operations seem ridiculously slow

2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Is Superman the one where you're laying down suspended under the track? If so it's the same as the one at my six flags in Chicago and yeah, it always takes hella long for them to load those trains and get people off.

sophos34 likes this.
  3. Went to Disneyland last night for the Haunted Mansion’s 50th anniversary (not the extra-ticketed event) and had a blast riding on the day. The merchandise lines were ridiculous. May go by tomorrow for a couple hours to try to get the HM mickey ears (not the $78 Kim Irvine headband)

Brent, oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’ve only been able to ride the Haunted Mansion once in my life and it was so great that I get legit bummed every time I see people talking about it lol

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  5. Brent Aug 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2019)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

HM @ DL was my first kids first ride....

Funny enough, I can't remember what the first ride was our second kid went on during her first WDW trip, and that was just last October (whereas the first trip our first daughter made was when she was 6 weeks old back in 2013).

Edit: Went back to figure it out... it was the boat ride at Pandora.

333 GANG likes this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

I can’t stop watching these Theme Park History videos on YouTube. I’ve already linked this once, but I urge any theme park fans to subscribe. Here’s one:

oncenowagain and sophos34 like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i love theme park based youtube channels

oncenowagain, oldjersey and 333 GANG like this.
  8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Any good ones you recommend?

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

theme park crazy, defunctland (especially if you like historical pieces), coaster connection, theme park review, coaster studios, airtime thrills to name a few im subscribed to.

333 GANG likes this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Great, thank you!

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

don’t forget yesterworld also

yesterworld and defunctland are my top two

Brent, oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

expedition theme park is good too. theres a lot of em

333 GANG likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

the theme park community is just so wholesome and good

Matt and 333 GANG like this.
  14. 333 GANG

ACAB

Has there been any talk here about the new Jurassic Park/World coaster supposedly coming to Islands of Adventure? News came out back in January, but I checked back and not sure if it was ever discussed here.

Anyways, here’s this:

Excited to see what comes of this.

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Also, random thought, but after looking at this supposed breakdown of the Epic Universe layout...

Anyone think they might call that duelling launch coaster in How to Train Your Dragon world Duelling Dragons or something similar? That would be a fun nod to the old IOA ride.

16. CobraKidJon

hold up what they just test these out in the open lol

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Apparently lol

I’ve heard the term testing “off site” numerous times, but I didn’t realize that meant on a fucking farm haha

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

thats funny lol i guess they figure out in a rural area maybe like 10 people will see it and a high chance none of them will care enough to post it to social.

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How do they know it's for DK ?

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've never entered this thread, i'm gonna have to check out some of those youtube channels. I have a funny history with theme parks. When I was a kid I didn't dare go on rollercoasters unless they were simply ones with just one big drop and nothing else really. In 2010 I tripped on mushrooms, it was a great experience and the only time I did it. That same week, I had a revelation that because I tripped on mushrooms and it went well, why the hell should I be scared of rollercoasters!? The equation makes no sense to the laymen but it made perfect sense to me. The following weekend I went to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ and ripped about 6 coasters without even a trace of fear.

I don't think i've been to a theme park since but I do believe my fear of coasters is still gone.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

a mushroom trip is not too dissimilar from riding a roller coaster, it just lasts 5-6 hours

supernovagirl and zachmacD like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay yeah, I wasn't sure if other people could see that haha but I definitely agree.Tripping is a ride in itself and like you said a lottttttttt longer so whats a 45 second rollercoaster to me?

I can't do the free fall stuff though, idk why but I refuse to

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

You must not know of wdwnt/Tom Corless and #distwitter then

quietwords and Matt like this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That dueling coaster is said to be part of the hub and not HtTYD. There will be a HtTYD coaster, though.

333 GANG likes this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Interesting. It’s hard to tell from the image they released where the entrance will be, but I suppose that would make sense.

Makes me wonder what the premiere attraction in the HtTYD world will be.

Brent likes this.