Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

yesterworld did a podcast recently on the state of universal studios hollywood and it made me sad because every statement they said was true.

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I don’t see how this will be scary / I did not like Us

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man, I think it'll be great. Those masks, the hall of mirrors part, the underground. I'm looking forward to it.

4. CobraKidJon

can’t spook me when I’m jamming out so hard to I got five remix

supernovagirl and David Parke like this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

Knotts Berry farm in California is awesome. My family went a lot when we lived there

6. 333 GANG Aug 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 7, 2019)
    333 GANG

ACAB

Pretty much my thoughts on it. I think the atmosphere from this movie could translate beautifully to a maze.

My brother and I are considering going again this year, and I’m very on board for this.

7. Matt

If it's done well I'm sure I'll enjoy it

Reservations are available for Oga's in WDW! I just booked mine for the first day of my trip in October.

David Parke likes this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yup, just booked mine as well! Booked the Lightsaber too.

Matt likes this.
  9. Matt

I will probably save the lightsaber for another trip. Something new to look forward to. I'm not ready to spend that much yet lol.

I've got my eyes on a DJ Rex though

David Parke likes this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I won't be going until Halloween of next year, so why not? Get all the huge excitement out of the way.

Matt likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my biggest concern for the lightsaber was transporting it home, but apparently it comes with a padded/TSAapproved carrying case that can qualify as a carry-on lol

they really, truly do think of everything

12. CobraKidJon

knots berry is my family’s usual go to place because it rules so much.

Brent likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My concern is carrying it around the park.

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

Second to last house announced for HHN29 Orlando. Last one is expected to be House of 1000 Corpses which, fuck yeah to that.

15. Matt

I'm all in for a spooky graveyard.

333 GANG likes this.
  16. Dodge725

Trusted

Got reservations for building a Lightsaber and the Cantina when I go to Disney World over Thanksgiving. So excited!!!

Sean Murphy, Matt and Brent like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

FINALLY made my way up to great adventure today and was not disappointed, didnt even have enough time to do every thing i wanted to and i was there for 6 hours. lines werent that long besides for a few rides (superman was particularly bad with how slow operations were and getting people on and off) theres just so much at this park its gonna take another visit to hit the few things i didnt get a chance to do. but, what i did get to do, man some of the best coasters ive ever been on. heres my ranking of all the things i did

skipped batman because its basically a clone of the batman at the park i grew up going to for 24 years (six flags st louis). really really want to do wonder woman lasso of truth next time. but i think el toro is the best roller coaster ive ever been on. just top notch all the way through. and that first drops and following hills are unreal. superman was cool because it was the first flying coaster ive ever done, ditto with green lantern and standing coasters but green lantern was a little rough on my head. king da ka was obviously sick but ive done top thrill dragster before (albeit about 14 years ago) but i still kind of knew what i was in for.

oncenowagain likes this.
  18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to make my way up there. Still haven't been on King Da Ka, and with as many records it has, I'm shocked I'm sleeping on it.

sophos34 likes this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I just hope they don't rely too much on holograms, they just aren't as scary as someone jumping in your face. Same with Ghostbusters.

I'm going next month, and I can't wait! Friend said to try to Fuzzy Tauntaun, but I'm not huge on peach so I'm not sure what I'll end up ordering.

20. Matt

I’m so used to local lower budget New England haunted houses, so I didn’t even think about Universal using screen technology

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Someone posted a picture of GB on Instagram (since been taking down, person probably fired due to NDAs.

oncenowagain and 333 GANG like this.
  22. Matt

Honestly, that looks like it will be cool in the dark

333 GANG likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Ghostbusters is supposed to be the most “technologically advanced” maze they’ve ever built, or so I’ve been reading. I’m pretty excited to see what it’s all about.

24. TomG

Trusted Supporter

El toro is the last roller coaster to truly floor me. I’d be so bold as to say it’s the top wooden roller coaster in the country

sophos34 and 333 GANG like this.
  25. Matt

El Toro is really great.

I’ve only been to SFGA once, and we waited three hours for Kingda Ka for it to break down and we couldn’t ride it