Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 37

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

Nope, not yet! I usually only go to Wonderland once a year nowadays, and it’s usually in October for Halloween Haunt, so I’m planning on riding it then. I love the idea of riding coasters at night.

Yukon Striker does look great though! I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts if you get on it before I do!

yung_ting likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’ve never been to USH, but I adore Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. Always found both parks to be an absolute blast.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

I really hope they don't make you take a bus like you do with Volcano Bay. I would have preferred it being within CityWalk but since that is impossible I would rather be able to drive between the parks like Disney rather than having to drive to the main lot, park, and ride a bus.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Hold on, you can’t just drive to Volcano Bay?

5. Morrissey

Trusted

You have to take a bus from CityWalk. It leaves and arrives a lot (much better than Disney buses), but still annoying.

333 GANG likes this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Damn, I had no idea. Don’t like that at all. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just give you the option of taking the shuttle or driving directly to the park.

7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have annual passes for Universal, Island of Adventure, and Volcano Bay and I've only gone to Volcano Bay twice. It's a fun place for sure, but that taking the bus thing is annoying.

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Lack of space for a new parking lot/garage. You park in the main garage (next to City Walk) and the bus ride takes like 2 minutes and drops you off out front.

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

It just seems like a bit of an inconvenience on paper, but I guess having never actually gone I shouldn’t really comment on the process before I do lol. If there wasn’t any space for parking infrastructure, I guess that’s the best way to go about things.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's really no shorter/longer than walking from the garage to the front of IoA / Studios.

333 GANG likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Ahh, well that’s not too bad at all then! I do love that walk through City Walk though haha

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Has anyone taken the walk from the Yacht & Beach Club/Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios? It's such a nice walk when you don't want to wait for the boat. I make sure to do it at least once whenever I'm staying at Y&B.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Never had the pleasure of staying at the Yacht or Beach but we are always at those resorts for food and beverage and have made this walk many times, great walk indeed.

Matt likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

3 weeks until my first time in DL and i cant waait

333 GANG likes this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

What are you most excited for?

16. Sean Murphy Aug 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2019)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

MOST excited for is probably Galaxy's Edge, because it'll be a while before we are able to do another WDW trip, so I'm glad I don't have to wait 2+ years to get down to WDW to see it. But other than that, most excited (as a disney n3rd) to finally be able to see the originals and just be in the park. Can't wait to see California Adventure as well. We have 2-day parkhopper so I am hoping that's enough time to see/do most of what we want to do. We have the maxpass as well so we can do fastpasses.

333 GANG likes this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Really looking forward to GE in WDW next month, going to try to reserve light saber thing as soon as I can.

David Parke likes this.
  18. eight30

Regular

I used to live in an apartment complex that now will back up to some portion of the new Universal park. Part of me wishes I still lived there now!

David Parke likes this.
  19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Very cool. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the whole experience afterwards. Have fun!

Sean Murphy likes this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Does anyone here subscribe to Theme Park History on YouTube? Fun channel, good time killer.

DrAlanGrant and oncenowagain like this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wowwwwww no but that’s huge and I’m def trying to! Link a video my friend

333 GANG likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Here’s the most recent one I watched:

Side note: I adored Kongfrontation as a kid, and I’m glad I got to ride it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

If you like Theme Park History, you should check out Defunctland and Yesterworld.

333 GANG likes this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Thank you! Just subscribed to both.

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Yesterworld and Defunctland are both amazing and I think I've already watched through both series twice at this point. Offhand Disney has some good episodes too.