Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'd consider it an amusement park still. Theme parks have that immersive land feel. When you go to SW, you're very much in a themed universe. Same with HP, and Toy Story, etc.

Paramount just uses the name, the whole area isn't themed to Tomb Raider or Italian Job, outside the ride itself.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm the opposite, as I get older, I can no longer do theme rides (mostly the screen ones).

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Screen ones are fine. I just can't do anything that spins. The tea cups ride at great america is a big no-no.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Headed to Disney World tomorrow morning and only going to the parks 2 days this trip. Focusing my energy on drinking at the pool.

Brent and Matt like this.
  5. colorlesscliche likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Big day for Universal!

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

it's an exciting day to be a theme park fan!

Obviously Nintendo land is going to overshadow everything, but I hope the rumors of a Dracula's Castle dark ride are true

David Parke likes this.
  8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Any idea what time the announcement is supposed to be?

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Now. Gov and OC Mayor are there now.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's official! Universal’s Epic Universe

David Parke likes this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

David Parke likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

"Universal’s Epic Universe will be the biggest and best ever - Tom Williams, CEO of Universal Parks and Resorts."

13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Concept art:

[​IMG]

David Parke likes this.
  14. Matt

they are not giving us any details lol okay

Epic Universe is a terrible name

15. Matt

There's like nothing to be excited about with that concept art. What are they thinking

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

A reporter asked when Universal’s Epic Universe opens and what lands will be in it, and they won’t answer yet.

:sly:

17. Matt

sigh

at least we have D23 in a few weeks

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

CEO Tom Williams said they don’t want to unveil all their plans yet because of competition, but “a Universe is bigger than a World”.

Asked about transportation, the CEO says it takes about 12 minutes to get from their current parks to Universal’s Epic Universe:

Universal is pushing for the new train from South Florida to have a stop at the Convention Center, which is near Universal’s Epic Universe.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Thoughts:

- Very excites about having a third Universal park in Florida. Adore the other two and have visited many times, always a blast.

- Shame we aren’t getting any concrete details today about any rides or attractions, but I suppose I can wait.

- Epic Universe? Not crazy about the name. The previously rumoured Fantastic Worlds just sounds better to my ears.

- Hadn’t heard the rumour of a Dracula’s Castle dark ride. Say no more, I’m sold.

David Parke likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Rumors/speculation is that top left is Classic Monsters, bottom left is Nintendo, top right is Fantastic Beasts, and bottom left is How to Train Your Dragon, and then the middle being you shops/dining/entertainment.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. Matt

The amphitheater in the top left looked to me like a Quidditch pitch

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i got lazy to do a review of universal studios but all i can say is that park is just one giant meh. I haven't been in three years and it still feels exactly the same besides the harry potter part of it. The harry potter part made up for it so much with how cool it was and butterbeer was quality. I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how it is just a place for a day trip and I was like damn that is true.

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I also forgot to mention my whole family agreed the new jurassic world ride is just a giant meh. It seems like the focus was more on getting people wet and also they took out the fun little easter eggs and I was sad.

oh and the story is very nonexistant which is a bummer.

25. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Have you been yet this season? I wanna try out Yukon Striker so bad, hoping I make it up before summer is over

333 GANG likes this.