Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Didn't Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge have a similar thing? There was an area right after you exited for you to get back into the line to re-ride. I never exploited it because I was a Good Boy but I may have to try it now that I am Bad

2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Well the first time I only had to “wait” about 5 minutes because I was among the first in line when the ride opened at 9:00 AM.

For my second time, I’ve been waiting about an hour and a half now but have been stuck just adjacent to the loading area because the ride has been down for about 20 mins.

Yeah, Universal Orlando’s twitter released a statement yesterday stating that they would do their best to have it open every morning now, but the trade of being that people should expect it to shut down before park closing. I know recently it’s been opening more around the 11:00 - 1:00 PM range so they can get it ready for the day.

Yeah it never occurred to me to do it for that ride because I’ve never tried to go back to back as quickly as possible like I wanted to with Hagrid’s today lol.

No, they’ve closed that gap up. This is just a situation where you can actually skip the entire extended queue and walk around some chains to get into the locker area, which leads directly into the main queue. This is literally the only way to get back to the lockers for the ride, so nobody will bat an eye at you if you do it right.

Like it’s not even a line cheat for people reriding, it was a line cheat that allows you to make a 4 hour wait a 2 hour or less wait.

Matt likes this.
  3. Matt

They can take as long as they need with that ride because I need it to be absolutely PERFECT lol

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  4. Matt

Dec 5th for WDW is interesting. Sounds like they want it open for the holiday crowds, probably aiming for a Thanksgiving crowd soft opening? I'm going in early October so hopefully that will lighten the crowds if that's the case

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

So is ROTR the same type of ride as Transformers from Universal?

6. I STILL haven’t ridden transformers. I got in line at HHN last year and it broke down. Wtf. Is it good?

zachmacD and oncenowagain like this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's the same thing as Spider Man, just with Transformers characters.

oncenowagain likes this.
  8. Matt

It's going to be a completely new ride system, supposed to be unlike anything we've ever experienced before. Multiple ride vehicles, an extensive preshow, etc. I don't think they will be using a lot of screens, unlike Transformers/Spiderman.

I'm buying into the hype

9. Matt

I would describe the Transformers ride as what it's like to be stuck in a car engine

David Parke likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i heard that from pre-show to end of ride is approx. 26 minutes, which is INSANE.

the pre-show for Flight of Passage is pretty extensive, the whole ride experience is probably around 15-20 minutes, but SW wants to push it even farther.

oncenowagain likes this.
  11. So I had a question about that. I rode the ride once and there’s like a glitch in the preshow video and then it does a whole other thing if I remember correctly but from the glitch to the next step was like 5-7 minutes. No one seemed to know what was going on and it almost didn’t seem intentional. Is that normal?

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I had the same experience this most recent time and I couldn't remember if it had happened the first time, but i thought it was normal because it seemed so organic in the video, like he just forgot something or had to step off screen. i want to say it's part of the pre-show, but it would be pretty cool to learn that they implemented a short scene to cut in when they know that they need to stall a bit for the group ahead.

David Parke likes this.
  13. Ya like smugglers run was different at the end this last time because I think they moved our cockpit to another exit queue and there was Hondo dialogue to accommodate but I’m not sure how random it is or not. I still don’t 100% understand how that ride system is laid out.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just watched a ride-thru of the new jurassic world ride and.......lame.

David Parke likes this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Screens for days.

16. My co-hosts went on today. They’re such die hard JP fans they really tried to see the good in it. I’ve only seen some of the aquarium/ tank screen stuff and thought it looked cool but...

17. Matt

I've been trying to book my flight to Orlando for my October trip (already purchased the flight back) and they have been $350+ per ticket, just for one way! I've been waiting with the hope that the prices would go down and today the gods have blessed me with $175 tickets for the same flight. With my Southwest credit card my round trip flight is completely covered by the points I've earned. So happy right now

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Flights to orlando are ****absurd**** right now - idk wtf is going on

Matt likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Jurassic World officially open

20. Matt

I guess my advice would be to check every day, because sometimes the prices randomly drop apparently

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy... we flew BOS to MCO last year on Spirit for less than that, non-stop round trip (2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby being held).

22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

You're brave for flying Spirit- I've only ever heard horror stories!

23. Matt

I always filter Spirit out of my search results lol. I have never heard anyone say a single good thing about it

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve flown spirit once, and the only really bad thing I can say about it was at a 6’2” individual, it was tough to fly in their seats. Extremely tiny and cramped. That said, we paid $60 for the flights. I’ve flown Frontier as well and had a similar experience though not as bad, but again, $73 flight. Spirit only exists to be a budget airline, I think it definitely deserves it’s floggings but, you entirely get what you pay for lol