Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

it's fun to watch them have a meltdown every so often

Brent likes this.
  2. Matt

like i can't think of a bigger first world problem than having the luxury of being stuck in line for 8 hours to ride a brand new harry potter roller coaster, yet they act like disney/universal are personally ruining their lives lol

3. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

What are some other Disney blogs people like?
    I still follow WDWNT. I also like DFB, though I find their reviews lately pretty lackluster.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

We are huge fans of the Brickers - www.disneytouristblog.com - they've got great reports and blog posts and visit WDW probably 4-5x a year and live in SoCal and post from DL all the time. Other than that WDWNT and Inside the Magic (facebook) are the sites I frequent most.

quietwords, Brent and David Parke like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Tom fromWDWNT is wild. I met him opening day of Pandora and rode Avatar with him and thought he was nice... but man. It’s like the Waterparks equivalent. Once I got to follow him (and the band, mainly Austen) more it was just like.... yeeesh.

The Brickers, however, are awesome. Met them at EPCOT and they couldn’t be nicer. Love their site.

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

need universal to announce jurassic world ride date already

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my wife and Sarah talk on instagram from time to time, we were there the same time as them one trip but couldn't align a meetup because we very rarely do parkhopper. I'd love to meet them haha

8. Matt

did they add some new skreenz to it

9. CobraKidJon

some insider said there is screens and I was like :(

Brent likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

I’ll only be ok if some animals are screen and no Chris Pratt at all

I’m sure the beginning will still be animatronic but better

11. Matt

The only way I can see a screen working in an attraction like that is if it's for an underwater tank. I assume that's what it's going to be

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The commercial I keep seeing seems to confirm that will at least be part of it?

13. CobraKidJon

yeah that seems to be the part with screens which I would 100% be ok with just that if they keep all the animatronics.

I imagine they probably change out the truck for one of those new style vehicles in the Jurassic World Series.

I honestly hope though they at least keep the Mickey ears and the aerosol. Those are staples.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

David Parke likes this.
  15. Matt

Another day another price increase....

Also

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

As always, The Brickers give a great analysis on this;

Big Annual Pass Price Increases at Disney World - Disney Tourist Blog

Personally, i think it’s very easy to just brush this off with the “there goes disney again trying to price out it’s visitors”.

If you look at the annual pass prices that i’d wager the majority of ppl have (those ranging from $600-900 annually) they have not increased that drastically in price where i would assume people would not renew. Respectively, the crazy high tiered APs are probably not losing any renewals because if youve got the money to spend $2000 annually on a disney park ticket, you’re probably not too concerned about money at all.

It makes sense for them to raise costs of APs now especially because of what both DL and WDW are rolling out this year. I’d wager attendance is going to be the highest it’s been in at least 5-10 years. It has a ripple effect on all the parks too, chances are people are travelling to wdw and DL specifically for star wars but they’ll visit other parks while there.

At face value it’s just too easy to see a headline and get mad at Disney for raising prices, but of all the times they’ve done it over the last couple years, this time makes the most sense.

17. Looks like maybe they removed the store from the Main Street cinema??
    D795F978-7D01-475F-A6FD-591609CD66DA.png

Brent likes this.
  18. CobraKidJon

I will forever love the conspiracy theory that Universal set the backlot on fire in Hollywood.

I fully believe it also.

Brent likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

I spent all day watching everything defunctland. It was a good day.

Matt, oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That lawsuit, though...

21. CobraKidJon

CONSPIracy theory HEIGHTENS

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

AFABF90B-9E79-439C-A11D-46351A5E1B5D.jpeg

23. I giggled. Lol

24. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  25. Matt

Having lived most of my life in a town with a Six Flags in it, that is very accurate lol

GrantCloud and David Parke like this.