Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

like when I was a kid I fucking haaated epcot, I couldnt udnerstand why my parents/grandparents wanted to spend so much time there

now i know.

Mrplum5089 and David Parke like this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah totally I noticed that too.

And yeah throwing an afternoon of drinking in between the 3 or more days at the other parks sounds like a perfect plan.

David Parke likes this.
  3. Mason

Regular

Going to Epcot this Saturday. I'll for sure be drinking.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I mean I love Epcot and I love drinking, and I love drinking at Epcot. There's nothing like blacking out and going on Gran Fiesta Tour. I'd love to have a beer garden in Epcot, but I don't think it needs to be in place of the fountain of nations, if only for symbolic reasons.

At the end of the day none if it matters though, I'm still going to go to Epcot.

David Parke and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  5. TIL people care about the fountain of nations. It’s a pretty dead part of the park. I’m for it. Epcot needs a facelift BADLY. There’s tons of stuff I’d rather they keep - for instance I’d prefer an updated energy adventure over a guardians ride and I love the sprawling concrete walkways and grass areas because they feel so 80s and I love it - but when we went last year, it all felt just aged and forgotten in lieu of the world showcase which is damn near perfect. Hoping this is all for the better - and that they don’t fuck up spaceship earth!

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Theres never anyone near the fountain when i visit, its just something people walk by to get to WS. people wont miss it.

David Parke likes this.
  7. Matt

It's more just people clinging to any remnants of 80s Epcot lol

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

people made a wild ruckus about the sorcerers hat in HS getting taken down, i didn't hear a peep about it once it was gone. The park looks so much better without it.

Mrplum5089 and David Parke like this.
  9. Matt

oh god I hated the Sorcerers Hat. so glad its gone

David Parke likes this.
  10. Same re: hat. Fuck that eyesore.

11. Matt

remember the wand on Spaceship Earth? Dark days

David Parke, oncenowagain and kbeef2 like this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

First of all I liked the hat lol
    I also like the fountain personally but whatever
    Ive never been the type to be into drinking at the parks because, um, I cannot afford that hahah

13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Drinking at the park rules. It's just so nice to be able to walk around an area with beer, wine, cocktail in hand.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  14. Matt

Pro tip - bring a Tervis or similar type of container full of beer into the park, and then every time you get a new beer just pour it into the Tervis so you can take it on rides. The true Alcoholic's Way.

We always stock up on beers to keep in the hotel room so that we can drink a little before entering the park to save money.

David Parke and Sean Murphy like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah last time we went we had a car and went to the local grocery store and grabbed a few 6 packs, but there is also a gas station right off disney springs that has beer at a very reasonable price, they'd be able to get away with crazy high prices but they're still cheap. don't ever buy a 6-pack at the resort gift shop!! its a trap!!!!

Matt likes this.
  16. Matt

I'm going to try to keep this thread active today so I have something fun to talk about while getting through this workday lol

David Parke likes this.
  17. Matt

I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights at USO this October, any tips for a first timer?

oncenowagain likes this.
  18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How many days? You doing Express Pass? This will be my third year, love it.

19. Matt

We normally do one Universal/IOA day during our Disney trip since we can get everything we want to do done in one day. What time do they transition over to HHN?

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Universal closes at 5, HHN starts around 630. Although some nights it opens a little earlier. IOA doesn't change.

21. oncenowagain Apr 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2019)
    oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

My wife , my mom and I always go together during the late September dates and we have hit every house 4 years in a row with time to spare.

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure it was even harder last night with the introduction of Stranger Things and adding 2 more houses.

oncenowagain likes this.
  23. eight30

Regular

I was going to advise you go as early in September as possible but it seems like that doesn’t matter as much anymore but definitely get there when the gates open. If you can spring for express, it’s so worth it unless you are going multiple nights.

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

We went on a Saturday with park closing at 1 and we got all houses and went on MIB. It was tighter than usual, but we always make it work.

I guess it’s cheating though because with the annual pass we go to Finnegans to hold out after regular park hours. We got through stranger things last yeat before the park opened to the general public, so that always helps.