Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone in here play Planet Coaster or Parkitect?

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the only podcast that I would actually listen to if it gets to 2+ hours.

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I got emotional during some of the Galaxy’s Edge stuff almost as much as that one guy did lol

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Hot, one of the days I had to take it easy for 2 hours or else I probably would’ve passed out

oncenowagain likes this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m really not going to be able to go to Galaxys Edge until 2021 after hearing this podcast the ride.

It’ll always be busy.

Mrplum5089, Brent and oncenowagain like this.
  6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I liked the way Universal managed the opening of HP World and figure that something similar (grabbing a ticket with a return time that you presented to get you into the land) could work for Disney, but I’m not a logistics expert. I would guess that the reservation system will work just as well, but it’s not likely all people that visit the park this coming summer (fall for Orlando) will know about the reservation system and will be pissed if they can’t get in.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going in September, what do I need to do now? Didn't listen to the podcast.

8. oncenowagain

Likely nothing because the reservations are only supposed to be for the first few operating weeks.

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I’m so hyped ahhh

oncenowagain likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Give me some suggestions y'all. My wife and I want to go to a theme park as part of a summer vacation. I have tons of frequent flyer miles so anywhere in the US is very doable. We've been to Cedar Point twice already so not that, and nothing in Orlando either. Looking for good roller coasters and also would be good if it was in a cool city as we'll want to do more than just the park.

11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I know you said no Orlando but Busch gardens in Tampa has p good roller coasters. Idk about the rest of the locations but yeah
    Other than that maybe look into different six flags locations?

oncenowagain and ChiliTacos like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The problem is, I don't think anything compares to Cedar Point when it comes to roller coasters. But I would check out Busch Gardens in VA. Colonial Williamsburg is also very nice and you can go to some cool food and historic places.

supernovagirl and ChiliTacos like this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Also, if you're renting a car, you could go to King's Dominion which is about 90 minutes away from Busch Gardens. Or stay in Richmond and be halfway between both.

supernovagirl and ChiliTacos like this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going to look into these for sure, thank you both!

And yeah Cedar Point is amazing. I haven't kept up but I just checked and two new coasters have opened since I've last been. Also it's within a drive and we'd be passing through Chicago so we could hit up Great America too. And King's Island in Ohio as well, hmmmmmm. I'm just not sure if my stomach could take 3 parks in one week haha. Maybe 10 years ago.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah when I went, I did CP, KI, Rock n Roll HOF and Football HOF. So much to do in that area. I really do like the two in VA though.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Hahah. I know what you mean.
    Anyway I have actually been to Kings dominion but I was a kid but it was pretty sick back then.
    Being able to hit up BG Virginia + KD could be cool
    Anyway I still say BG Tampa bc im biased and living here could give you a million other things to do heh

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Oh hell yeah. I did say no Orlando but I've never been to Universal so maybe that would be cool to pair with BG Tampa if we did that. Lots of cool ideas here.

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. oncenowagain likes this.
  19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Cheers from Epcot! Just drank this Marg, waiting in line for Soarin’.
    494F1D00-750E-4FDF-8AA9-B5BB68B7A17D.jpeg

20. Matt

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Cava. Its the blood orange one everyone in here recommended, which I owe some thanks cuz it was sooo good I had a few. My wallets gonna be pissed later but my heart is so happy

Sean Murphy, Brent and oncenowagain like this.
  22. oncenowagain

You chose right

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  23. Matt

I love the blood orange. I usually order that or the Maelstrom (rip) and my wallet aches afterwards. But money doesn’t mean anything on vacation so I keep on going. If you’re going clockwise then the next step is to grab a school bread from Norway

David Parke and oncenowagain like this.
  24. For some reason I like to go counter clockwise at world showcase. Just me?

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I have found that ending the evening with a beer is far less damaging than ending the evening with tequila haha

David Parke and Mrplum5089 like this.