Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I'm going to try to rank my top 5 table service restaurants in WDW later. I will say that one of my all-time favorite meals was a couple of years ago at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary. I scheduled it so that my girlfriend and I could watch the MK fireworks during dinner which was amazing. I also had one of the best steaks I've ever had ($50 tho).

2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I’ve never experienced a disruptive crowd on COP, but I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Le Cellier ranks in my top 5 steaks and that thing was like $62. So good though.

We had a feast for the ages at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse this past summer.

Now I'm thinking about the table service places as well.

4. Matt

I love Le Cellier. They have Unibroue beers on tap which I can appreciate.

Speaking of which, getting La Fin du Monde on tap at the Canada beer stand was an integral part of my day at Epcot. I guess they had to get rid of it last year because people were getting too drunk (it has a 9% ABV). SAD

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

whaaaat? the only thing ever available for us in Canada is the Torontopolitan and/or Molson. We've never thought to try and go into le Cellier to drink at the bar.

The Tuto Gusto wine cellar is probably our favorite spot in World Showcase because it's so nicely tucked away in the pavilion, people barely know it's there. it's always empty, air conditioned, and the food/wine/beer offerings are exceptional.

we only found it because i had to use the restrooms in italy once lol

6. Matt

I'm not sure if there is a bar inside of Le Cellier, but just outside of the restaurant there is a beer kiosk that used to have La Fin du Monde on tap. I hope it comes back eventually. Not sure what else they serve there now.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah the little cart outside the restaurant is where we usually stop. Canada is usually where we end so by the end of the day I am not really paying too close attention to what I am drinking but it's usually Molson haha.

Matt and David Parke like this.
  8. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Ohana is probably my favorite Disney restaurant.

Yak and Yeti is delightful as well.

David Parke likes this.
  9. oncenowagain

Yak and Yeti’s seafood medley is great

quietwords likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ohana is great but it has gotten EXPENSIVE. Still such a great dinner experience though and even better if you're there around MK fireworks time. I've never left Ohana not feeling like i'm about to burst.

11. quietwords

Luckily we are usually on the dining plan so we don’t feel too awful about the price.

Yeah, you always leave super full, but so worth it!

oncenowagain likes this.
  12. Not enough people talk about Napa Rose (Disneyland resort) or Tiffins (animal kingdom)

13. quietwords

Haven’t been to Land in years, sadly.

Need to try tiffins. There’s a bar in AK that disneyfoodblog raves about too that I need to check out, but am blanking on the name!

David Parke likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’m really looking forward to spending more time in AK on future trips, it was always a quick in and out get on the safari, everest, dinosaur, and bounce. We never loved it, but it’s really grown on us and we have spent a lot more time there on recent trips. My only issue with AK still is that i think its a terribly laid out park lol. For how huge it is it really feels so daunting to walk around.

David Parke likes this.
  15. oncenowagain

For a quick service restaurant, the place in Pandora is actually pretty nice imo. The custom rice bowls are a good and cheap (disney standards) option that fill you up.

16. Matt

Dawa Bar? Nomad Lounge? Both are great

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Dawa Bar is great!!

Matt likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is insane for me and that's not even counting food, for $150 Scrooge McDuck better let me swim in his gold pool

David Parke likes this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Gotta love my so cal annual pass. Think it was $100 and then $18 a month (but I go 1-2 times a month)

20. oncenowagain

Yeah WDW and Universal annual passes soften the impact of certain costs. Don’t have to pay for parking, get dining discounts, and just have to pay a couple hundred in up front costs followed by low monthly installments. I couldn’t imagine taking a whole family there and paying full price for everything. That’s the advantage of loving the parks and living so close to go as often as I do.

21. David Parke Feb 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 1, 2019)
  22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Defunctland and Disney Dan interviewed imagineer Brandon who created Trader Sam’s and this was such a wonderful episode. The pure enjoyment from those two hearing stories about how he created it made me so excited to hopefully go to it soon.

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  23. Matt

Love trader sams. I don't mind spending a ton of money on drinks each time I'm there lol. The one at the Polynesian is a great place to get really drunk before taking the monorail over to Magic Kingdom

David Parke likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

My ex/best friend/fwb/whatever is finally agreeing to go to Disney with me!! We’re gonna go in the next few weeks and I’m SO EXCITED!

David Parke likes this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the castle being a giant poster is kinda hilarious tbh lol

David Parke likes this.