Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The Frozen ride itself is also just SO poorly laid out. The big moment when you come up to Elsa (the pride/marquee face animatronic of the ride) and they start playing Let It Go, is like…..a minute into the ride? It feels like they kept the exact same track layout of Maelstrom and just changed the scenery, and at some point an imagineer was like “but at some point it needs to go backwards” and the solution was just “pipe in Let it Go at max volume and throw them backwards through some blue lights”…..then the ride just…continues boringly through a snowy field…..and ends so anticlimactically. The big Elsa moment should have ended the ride. Man it’s so poorly done and I really like Frozen lol

oncenowagain and David Parke like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

They generally have really hit well on newer rides though. Where universal seems to be going the "screen ride" route, disney's new physical rides (with the exception of Frozen, but little kids probably still love it) are hitting it out of the park. I still think Mine Train could have been so much more, but it has gotten more enjoyable on recent trips, and the theme and animations are just top tier Disney imagineering.

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I really enjoy Mine Train. Sitting in the back helps since you get pulled over the hills a lot faster.

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it was known they were re-using the track from Maelstrom?

oncenowagain likes this.
  5. oncenowagain likes this.
  6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Somehow only just found this thread but love that it exists. My wife and I are annual passholders to WDW and Universal that go to the parks 10-15 times a year.

supernovagirl and David Parke like this.
  7. eight30

Regular

I didn't get to ride Slinky Dog yesterday (though we did see the wait time go down to 55 minutes at one point) but I FINALLY did Toy Story Mania and I love that ride! I immediately wanted to do it again.

supernovagirl and David Parke like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my friends are all taking a trip to Disneyland for the weekend and I’m sad about not being able to go.

9. Matt

If anyone ever needs a dose of disney park music, download Sorcerer Radio and Subsonic Radio. I know they at least have them on the apple store, and both are free. Subsonic has 10-15 different channels (music ride throughs, background music, channels that just play the Main St loop/future world/etc)

quietwords and David Parke like this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Flight of Passage
    Tower of Terror
    Toy Story Mania
    Kilimanjaro Safari
    Expedition Everest

I think. I just went to Epcot/Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios in September so this is definitely based on that trip. Haven’t been to Magic Kingdom in fifteen years.

I went to DCA but not DL when I was 11 and only remember the rollercoaster, drop tower, and raft ride.

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Men In Black
    The Incredible Hulk
    Hogwarts
    The Mummy
    Dudley’s Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls

For Universal Orlando

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Rip Ride Rockit
    Hulk
    Mummy
    Gringotts
    Spider-Man

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Haven't been to Universal Orlando in at least 12-13 years, way before anything Harry Potter related was even a thought there. Jaws was an all time favorite ride of mine. I also loved the Dueling Dragons coaster that I now believe is either gone or re-imagined as a HP ride. I remember my first time riding the hulk as well. What a coaster.

oncenowagain likes this.
  14. Matt

hulk is my favorite coaster to momentarily black out on

David Parke and oncenowagain like this.
  15. Matt

For USO/IOA

Mummy
    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
    Spider-Man
    Jurassic Park
    MIB

ET and Hulk are honorable mentions.

RIP Back to the Future and Jaws

16. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Kilimanjaro Safaris
    People Mover
    Space Mountain
    Flight of Passage
    Test Track

David Parke and Matt like this.
  17. oncenowagain

Haunted Mansion
    Tower of Terror
    Toy Story Mania
    Expedition Everest
    Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite rides that have been retired:

Maelstrom
    The Great Movie Ride
    Snow White’s Scary Adventures (I know it’s still at DL)

David Parke and Matt like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The people mover is such an underrated gem

19. Sean Murphy Jan 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2019)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Also an unabashed superfan of the carousel of progress

20. Hell. Yesssss.

oncenowagain likes this.
  21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Carousel of Progress is absolutely wonderful and I dread the day they decide to remove it.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

It’s such a disney staple/piece of walt history that i don’t think they ever will. I could see them one day adding a scene to reflect the 90s/new millenium - they can make a lot of corny jokes about dial up and old cell phones, but i cannt imagine it ever being removed completely.

David Parke likes this.
  23. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I agree it’s such an important piece of Disney history, but I still fear it’s going to happen someday.

Also, it can be a frustrating experience when 90% of the people in there are only on it to enjoy the air conditioning, haha

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i am definitely guilty of riding COP just to get into some ac haha

David Parke likes this.
  25. oncenowagain

I remember going on that as a child and they would let you stay on ride after ride if it was a really slow day. They haven’t allowed me to do that anytime I’ve gone since my wife and I started going regularly 10 years ago.