Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

WHAT??

ughhhh we just did that on our honeymoon and I hadn't done it since I was a kid. What a great time. Sad to hear this :( :(

David Parke likes this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I think that was just an unconfirmed rumor, I don't think they'd ever close it at this point.

David Parke likes this.
  3. Matt

As someone who has been going basically every year since I was a kid, I can say with confidence that Disney Springs is better than Downtown Disney imo, at least better than Downtown Disney in the 2000s (I have nostalgia for 90s DTD and Disney Village)

4. Oh thank GOODNESS!! Just did a little googling and this does seem to be the case.

Matt likes this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah I really hope Hoop Dee Doo isn't closing!

David Parke likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh yeah there is no argument that DS is a vast improvement over DTD.

Matt likes this.
  7. Matt

I've honestly never been to Hoop De Doo but I've heard great things. Planning a family trip for October, maybe it's finally time to get my Hoop on.

David Parke likes this.
  8. Matt

I'd be interested in seeing everyone's Top 5 attractions at WDW (maybe a separate one for Disneyland/DCA too)

This is going to be difficult but:

Haunted Mansion
    Space Mountain
    Expedition Everest
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Dinosaur

Honorable mentions: Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Living with the Land, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Kilimanjaro Safaris (I could just keep naming rides so I will stop here)

David Parke and Sean Murphy like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

having only been to WDW;

Splash Mountain
    Haunted Mansion
    Spaceship Earth
    Flights of Passage
    Toy Story Midway Mania

Honorables would include Soarin' (used to be a top 5 but I liked the old film better), Space Mtn, ToT, Dinosaur, and Everest.

Impressions de France is also a criminally underrated attraction, but it's hard to consider it a ride as it's just a theater presentation, but the film and footage is stunning and the score is chillingly good. Made me want to visit France and I never before have wanted to.

also, RIP Maelstrom foever

David Parke likes this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Fuckin Avatar man. Nothing comes even a little close.

Matt likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah FoP is my #1 currently but I tried to go by park to keep my memory together haha

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

dammit now i wanna go to WDW haha, we just cancelled a trip we had planned for the fall because we didn't think it would be realistic to do a 2 week vacation for our aniversary then go to WDW a month later lol

saddest phone call.

David Parke likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Flight of Passage
    Toy Story Mania (that ball shooter feels soooo good)
    Star Tours (Crait)
    Test Track
    Expedition Everest (maybe..?)

Matt likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Everest is a lot of fun, especially because you can single rider it and get on in usually less than a half hour any time you want. Single rider line is a huge perk that I wish more rides did. We usually don't care if we aren't riding together if its not the first time we are experiencing it.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i forgot to add Mickey's Philharmagic. I can do that 10x a day and never get bored of it. Give me all the 80s/90s disney movie music nostalgia.

David Parke likes this.
  16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yes! It's so good.

I think my Top 5:

Peter Pan's Flight
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Everest
    F.o.P.

It's so tough!

David Parke likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Walt Disney world is a dream for me right now :(

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Anyways, I prefer Universal. :embarrassed:

I'm worried they're adding too many screen rides though. This new HP roller coaster is a much needed break from their recent 4D/screen ride craze.

19. eight30

Regular

I had a Universal annual pass for 4 years and when the Mardi Gras lineup was great and I go to HHN every year so I'm burnt out on Universal and like you said the screen rides are becoming stale. The new HP coaster and what they're supposed to do with the Nintendo stuff looks great though!

David Parke likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have the AP as well, but I travel from Baltimore. I try to make it twice a year. Once in April/May and then again in Sept/Oct for HHN.

21. WDW:
    Mansion
    Pirates
    Tower
    Spaceship Earth
    Everest

DL/DCA:
    Mansion
    Pirates
    Roger Rabbit
    Big Thunder
    Jungle Cruise

Any Disney park:
    Crush’s Coaster in Paris

Matt likes this.
  22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Is there a date set for the “new” Jurassic Park ride to open?

23. Matt

I loved Maesltrom and am always going to be sad that it's closed. I don't think most people even knew it was there though by the end of its life.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I never liked/supported the total conversion of Norway to a Frozen area. Malestrom was an old, dated ride that showed it’s age, but like so many other Disney rides of its kind I think that’s part of what gave it it’s charm. I understand that the almighty dollar wins out and whatever makes the most money will succeed, but I feel like Frozen was shoehorned into Epcot just because of the Norway connection. It could have been added anywhere else. The ride ain’t even good.

David Parke and Matt like this.
  25. Correct. I hate these projected-face animatronics. They’re pretty good on the 7 dwarfs mine train but buzz at DL looks terrible and the frozen ones look awful. I don’t mind when they do the eyes like with mr. potato head at midway mania.