Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’ve lived in Anaheim my whole life so I’ve been going to Disneyland since I was born basically. My whole family had passes in the 90s/early 2000s. I’ve had a pass for a couple of years as a teenager/young adult, but I really got over it in the final year I had one.

The crowds seemed to be getting more unbearable with how people seem to love Disney more than anything else in their life. If I kept the pass, the monthly payments were to keep going up and I couldn’t justify keeping that on with other responsibilities I have at the moment.

2. I hear the behind the seeds tour is so worth it. Still gotta do it

Matt likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

There are so many WDW tours that I want to do. We just recently did "Keys the the Kingdom" in MK and it was incredible.

David Parke likes this.
  4. Definitely do the Walt’s footsteps tour at Disneyland if and when you can. Bring tissues.

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Have you made the trip out to WDW?

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

podcast the ride really did become one of my favorite podcasts and bless the person in this thread who told me about them.

The only episode I couldn’t get into was a Harry Potter one because haven’t been yet.

Matt likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i did not know about this. i am so pumped to listen to WDW ones.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Recent one is Cranium Command and just the first 15 minutes had me laughing a bunch.

I didn’t even know about Cranium Command until this week lol.

David Parke likes this.
    supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Is ST going to go once Galaxys Edge opens? I haven’t heard any rumblings that the Hollywood studios one is going anywhere but from where theyre building GE its a good distance away so it would make sense to not have two SW themed areas in one park.

11. eight30

Regular

As of right now the plan is to go to Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom on Thursday! I’m even more excited because this time last year was pretty slow so we got to do a lot of stuff and I haven’t been to Hollywood studios in forever.

David Parke likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

Just got back from Disney, did all the parks as well as both Universal. Disney just nailed the atmosphere so well.

David Parke and supernovagirl like this.
  13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

We just planned our first trip to Disney World for September. Our daughters will be 4 and 2 so it should be a fun trip with them. We're also going with friends that have kids the same age and they go every year at least once so they're basically planning the whole thing for us. We're staying at the Port Orleans Resort and planning on doing one park a day I believe. I haven't been since I was 5 (almost 30 years ago, holy shit) so I'm getting excited to go as an adult now.

supernovagirl and David Parke like this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite resort there, and Riverside is just as good. Great place to stay!

David Parke and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Learn how to use their app! It'll save lots of time and avoid lines.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, navigating the MDE app can be daunting at first, but once you get familiar with it, it is such a great and handy tool to have at your disposal.

David Parke likes this.
  17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

We're staying at the Riverside but I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time at the French Quarter side haha

Yeah, I have a lot to learn before we go as I know pretty much nothing. Luckily the friends we're going with go so much so they know pretty much everything we need and will teach us

David Parke likes this.
  18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ask them how far in advance can you reserve rides, and start as soon as possible! A little work ahead of time, you'll be so thankful you did it in September.

19. drewinseries

Drew

I think its 60 days if you're staying in the park?

David Parke likes this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

Also the new ice cream place on the boardwalk, Ample Hills, is very good. You can get an ice cream flight of 6-12 flavors.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

60 days if you're staying on property, 30 days if you're staying off property but have linked park tickets in the app.

Dining is still 180 days from your check-in date.

Also, the BW is a very underrated little place to spend an evening. Usually WAY less crowded than Springs and plenty of great little spots for food/snacks and drink. I have seen mixed reviews but we have always had good experiences at Big River Grille/Brew Works. Jellyrolls is also a HOOT if you get a good crowd on a friday or saturday night.

Only downside to BW is that you have to walk/ferry to Hollywood Studios to get a bus back to a resort once Epcot closes, or take a cab from one of the hotels.

David Parke and drewinseries like this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

Boardwalk is great IMO, Disney Springs is way more of a tourist trap/commercial type place.

David Parke likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Springs has gotten waaaay better than it was, we used to only go because we love Raglan Road so much. The new bars and restaurants there make it a truly incredible place to spend an evening, but with the changes has brought way more crowds because of allll the new shopping it offers. Wine Bar George and Jock Lindsey's Hangar bar are great little spots. We didn't care much for the Edison because it felt a little too fake, like it's Disney Springs' attempt to get a trendy/hipstery place into the mix but it's way too expensive and kinda fell flat. We spent over $40 on two cocktails and gladly exited.

24. No plans to remove it as of yet but I can’t imagine it won’t go and be replaced by an Iron Man attraction like thenone in Hong Kong which is the same ride system. I prefer marvel stay out of the Disneyland proper parks, myself. If I had my druthers, Star Wars GE would have been another park or at DCA

25. Underrated WDW is the Hoop dee Doo Revue dinner show which is closing this year :(