Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Our visit will be part of a 2 week trek down the west coast so it’ll likely be a one day/both parks visit, i would have liked to have more time there for the first visit but we will probably stay somewhere cheap nearby.

David Parke likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I would do what the two of you are most interested in since he won't remember or be able to do much of anything. I'd look to see if any events are going on in Epcot. Later in the year is the Food and Wine Fest, which would have been great for the two of you, considering there's a one year old.

David Parke likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Great advice thanks. We're just thinking if we go somewhere like Hollywood Studios we wouldn't be able to do any of the rides with him. So MK or Epcot seems to be the way to go. Super amped to go back!

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Is it just the three of you? No sitter or anything? If that's the case, Epcot might be the most enjoyable.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, visiting family in Tampa and going to watch some baseball. But really want to detour for a day to Disney. If we can get someone to watch him, that'd be awesome. If not I'm def leaning Epcot. Looking into events now.

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

have you ever caught a Braves game in Disney? We were there during spring training but the Braves home games didn't line up with our plans. Would have been really cool to see.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I haven't. Typically go to Phillies games in Clearwater. But that would be pretty awesome to catch a game at Disney.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think my best recommendation would be Epcot, because you can still go to the character spot and get some good pictures of the fam with mickey/minnie/goofy etc. and then have a more leisurely stroll around the park/world showcase. plus the boardwalk is right there outside of epcot if you're looking to escape the park for a minute and sit down somewhere, and you can re-enter epcot as many times as you want same-day.

David Parke and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's also a lot of money to just leisurely stroll. I'd rather go to Disney Springs or something.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

^ ^ a fair point as well

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah I initially told my wife that he may be a little too young to go, but she's got her heart set on it lol. Are kids as young as him able to go on any rides at MK? Like Haunted Mansion/Jungle Cruise/chill rides like that?

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

these are all the "any height" attractions that can be experienced in WDW across all parks - it's a larger list than i anticipated!

Disney World Attractions & Rides | Walt Disney World Resort

edit: you can narrow it down by park as well but this is a wide list

supernovagirl and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sean Murphy likes this.
  14. I believe it’ll be flower and garden festival at Epcot which I’ve always wanted to see. That starts March 6 and goes thru June. May be good timing for Epcot, actually. Living with the land is a good one for kids his size. The thunder and lightning at the beginning may be a lot for him. The seas with Nemo and friends will be good and the aquariums are great for babies. The Mexico pavilion has the gran fiesta tour with the three caballeros which is any height. Frozen is any height. If your wife baby-wears I’d recommend it on this one because there’s a couple drops - even a backwards one. Very leisurely though. The ones on pirates are more intense. I also can’t recommend the American adventure enough. Some of the best animatronics in all the parks and makes America see a little more hopeful than the news cycle today.
    That’s a lot of land to cover in one day for sure. I’d set aside a budget to have a couple nice meals while there. Look up what kind of cuisine you’d wanna try. I like most everything there. I think a couple countries are only quick service but still can’t really go wrong.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Flower & Garden is awesome. Living with the Land was also WAY more enjoyable than I imagined and super informative.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ah man you just got me super pumped haha. Trying different cuisines is def on the top of my list. And she's mentioned the flower festival as something she'd like to do. Maybe hit Epcot this year with them. Then in a few years when he's older we can hit the other parks....which works out since Star Wars will be ready by then!

David Parke likes this.
  17. And maybe the fervor will have dies down. It’s gonna be NUTS!! I know an imagineer working on it here in Anaheim. Gonna try to get the skinny on the previews, etc ahead of time. Probably lyft to the park from nearby too.

18. I can’t believe I left off spaceship earth!! Definitely can take your 1 year old on that but I believe it’s closing for an extended refurb soon.

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'd love to take him on that, think he'd absolutely love it. Hope it stays open thru March

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

gonna miss Judy Dench's narration (assuming the refurb will come with a new host). Spaceship Earth is a top 5 ride for me, honestly maybe top 3. I love it so much haha.

David Parke and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I don’t see myself ever going back to Disneyland until I have kids. It’s just gotten more unbearable since the prices astronomically rose from what they used to be. The crowd sizes haven’t changed one bit and the opening of Star Wars Land is going to complicate matters even more.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve often wondered what the threshold is for people who visit often to consider going to WDW/DL “too much”. Everyone we talk to thinks we’re crazy for going as much as we do because of the price, but we have gotten really good at doing Disney on a budget, and we are fortunate that our local airport services non-stop to Orlando for very reasonable fare’s on Southwest. We also do not yet have kids so it’s far more affordable than say going with a family of 4 or more. But Disney does not seem to be suffering at all. They can continue to raise park admission every year as they have been and still remain the highest attended parks in the world with consistency.

I’ve asked people as well in other forums/groups and the answer is usually always the same “we love Disney so we make it work”. It’s crazy how far people will go to justify Disney’s constant price increases (I am guilty of it myself). The most recent change that has people up in arms is the scaled pricing now. Times of the year in higher demand will cost more to get into the park than others. So entry to MK during spring break will be more than it will be during say end of summer/September. The hotels already do this as do the airlines but the offerings in the park don’t change, they’re just gonna charge more when guest attendance is higher. People will still go.

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Flower and Garden is the best festival.

Living With the Land is one of my favorites now, and we make a point to ride it every trip. We waited an extra ride cycle to get the front row one drunken night lol.

David Parke likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Ayy I live in Clearwater

25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Awesome! I go down every year to catch a Phillies game and hit up some spots in Tampa I love