Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Theme Park Thread • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They really are, and it's a bummer. I was listening to the Jaws episode of Podcast: The Ride and they talked about it on there as well. But they were saying it costs millions per year to use fire and robotics. It's essentially what made they move to digital. Most of the screen rides give me motion sickness, which is a shame because I love Universal, but the more digital they go, the less enjoyment I get out of it.

2. wade

*DX CHOP*

Podcast the Ride is so good.

10 days out from my next Disney trip and first as a cm. Can not wait.

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Does podcast the ride go into detail about certain rides?

I love the defunctland podcast so I was looking for more theme park rdies

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They do go into detail about parks and rides but it’s more comedy based than Defunctland. They have a lot of great guests too.

5. CobraKidJon

I'll still have to add it to check out since I need these podcasts. I think I've almost ran through anybody possible theme park youbtube.

6. Matt

I just discovered Efteling and now it’s something I must visit before I die. Their dark rides look beautiful.

Brent likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

RIP good ride you are the reaon I became a mega nerd for jurassic park

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I just bought tickets for Halloween horror nights after some persuasion to my ex to come with so I have someone’s hand to hold lollll

Anyway I’m going sept 20. Looks like I’ll be missing the others in this thread. But I’m SO HYPED omg.
    Last year was the first time I ever went. But traffic was sooo bad that I got there super late. I barely got to do anything and my friends ditched me so I was by myself which sucked. I’m SO excited to get to do it right this time. I wish I could afford the fast passes but oh well. I’m so excited for the stranger things house but I know that will be the longest line. The plan this year is to get there early af (and stop at voodoo donuts) and go right there when doors open. We will see!! I’m so glad I’m going so soon, idk how I would wait any longer.

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Fast passes for HHN are so worth it.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

My girlfriend and I are going to WDW for our 2 year anniversary in October. 5 days in the parks plus Mickeys Not so scary Halloween party. I haven’t been to Disney in 10 years and I couldn’t be more excited

Brent and supernovagirl like this.
  11. supernovagirl

ugh I know I've heard that from everyone it's just that its literally like $15 MORE than entrance into the whole thing. Like... even if I COULD bring myself to drop that much money, I deff couldn't convince the person I'm going with to. It takes it from a $63 event to a ~$150 event. For one night. I literally just can't fathom spending that much. It ain't that deep lol. I just care about the stranger things house tbh. If I just get to go in that one, and roam around the scare zones and hit one or two other houses I will be happy.

Also, last year, someone gifted me their half used fast passes which had like 3 houses left on it. So, I guess you never know. hahaha

that's awesome!! I basically had to choose between HHN and MNSSHP. It was a very tough choice tbh. we will see if I can pull it off but I doubt it. I hope you have a blast. Are you dressing up? If so, as what?

zachmacD likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Thank you, and we want to! Were flying frontier so we’re trying to pack light and avoid all the upcharges. She wants to do jack and sally but we’ll sees. Have you been?

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

Yes! It’s great. I’ve been once and want to go back very badly. I just don’t think it’s in the cards this year. As in credit cards. Lol

zachmacD likes this.
  14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I mean they are open super late, like 2AM late, so if you're willing to stay up all night you can definitely do all the houses. But I get the pass and do all the rides that are open, plus all the houses, and am out by 11. Worth every penny. Last year the American Horror Story and Shining houses were 2+ hours.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Have fun! We’re there the 7th through 13th. Hopefully crowds/weather is nice.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I thought about doing Mickeys Halloween Party, but I think I'd rather do HHN for three nights. I think I'm going to do Universal IoA Thursday, HHN at night, Friday do Epcot for some F&W fest, then head over to Hollywood Studios to check out Toy Story, then head back to Universal for HHN night 2, then Saturday do some downtown Orlando stuff, then head to Universal proper do that for the afternoon, wait it out there for HHN night 3. Going to be a fun weekend.

Matt likes this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

Thanks man! Enjoy it

18. Matt

Almost once a day I think about how I want to just fly out and go to Epcot

Sean Murphy, zachmacD and Brent like this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Sharp Productions just posted their HHN videos and I'm glad I can enjoy these without having to be there.

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

HHN was an absolute blast. Went three nights and did all the houses each time, plus went on a few rides.

supernovagirl and Matt like this.
  21. CobraKidJon

this is all so cool

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

You are not alone my friend

23. ship90

Trusted

They paved paradise and put up a Starbucks
    Ooh bop bop bop

In fairness, they are adding another coaster which is cool. But there is a part of me that is kinda bummed it’s changing so much, no more Rhinetown/Tudor entrance area it looks like. It’s def needed though since the entrance area is so small so I get it ha.

24. CobraKidJon

I was listening to Yesterworld podcast today and they were talking about the great movie ride. Someone has been posting pictures of the reconstruction of it. That legit is the one ride I’m sad I’ll never get to experience in person.

25. CobraKidJon

Ordering this today

Matt likes this.